The Student Room Group

Ta interview

I have an interview for a ta job. There are 4 parts to the interview. Ok about interview part but stuck on the others. Any help on them would be great. Main one I’m stuck on is an activity with a year 6 group as I’ve never worked in ks2 before. It says: you will be observed working with a small group of Reception children and asked to make your own observations, you will be asked to lead a short session with a mixed ability group of year 6 pupils, there will be short written task an interview. As you can see,we are looking for someone who can work throughout the school as the need arises. You are asked to prepare a session for the Year 6 group based upon one of your interest, but showing that you can use this to move the children's learning forward in English or Maths. Identifying a National Curriculum objective would be beneficial. The session should last between 20 minutes and half an hour. What is the observation part? Will I need to plan for this? Any help on the year 6 activity would be hugely welcome. Many thanks
Original post by dizzy izzy
I have an interview for a ta job. There are 4 parts to the interview. Ok about interview part but stuck on the others. Any help on them would be great. Main one I’m stuck on is an activity with a year 6 group as I’ve never worked in ks2 before. It says: you will be observed working with a small group of Reception children and asked to make your own observations, you will be asked to lead a short session with a mixed ability group of year 6 pupils, there will be short written task an interview. As you can see,we are looking for someone who can work throughout the school as the need arises. You are asked to prepare a session for the Year 6 group based upon one of your interest, but showing that you can use this to move the children's learning forward in English or Maths. Identifying a National Curriculum objective would be beneficial. The session should last between 20 minutes and half an hour. What is the observation part? Will I need to plan for this? Any help on the year 6 activity would be hugely welcome. Many thanks

Hi, sorry you've not had an answer to this yet - I'm just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon :biggrin:

@04MR17 or @SarcAndSpark might be able to help also :yep:
Original post by dizzy izzy
I have an interview for a ta job. There are 4 parts to the interview. Ok about interview part but stuck on the others. Any help on them would be great. Main one I’m stuck on is an activity with a year 6 group as I’ve never worked in ks2 before. It says:

- you will be observed working with a small group of Reception children and asked to make your own observations,

- you will be asked to lead a short session with a mixed ability group of year 6 pupils, you are asked to prepare a session for the Year 6 group based upon one of your interest, but showing that you can use this to move the children's learning forward in English or Maths. Identifying a National Curriculum objective would be beneficial. The session should last between 20 minutes and half an hour.

- there will be short written task an interview.

As you can see,we are looking for someone who can work throughout the school as the need arises.

What is the observation part?
Will I need to plan for this?
Any help on the year 6 activity would be hugely welcome. Many thanks

Year 6
So, English or Maths?
Look at National Curriculum objectives for a bit of inspiration.
Then find something you're passionate about.
Remember mixed ability, so if you're getting them to do anything it's worth having a harder version of the task for more advanced pupils.

Your own Observations
I think (but not sure) that you're going to be asked to reflect on what you and them did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending