The Student Room Group

first year struggle

I am a first year LLB student who just received the May exam result. I got a fail in one module and I am going to resit the exam in August. Will I still be eligible for LPC if I pass the referred exam (which will change the result from fail to a 40% pass)? The information provided on the site is too vague and I can't really find the answer. Thanks!
Original post by jenbsin
I am a first year LLB student who just received the May exam result. I got a fail in one module and I am going to resit the exam in August. Will I still be eligible for LPC if I pass the referred exam (which will change the result from fail to a 40% pass)? The information provided on the site is too vague and I can't really find the answer. Thanks!

Yes that would pose no issue. I dont believe the Law soc has any min standards, but COL and BPP have min degree entrance requirements. Just make sure you pass otherwise you have headaches.
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply. So you mean what I have to do to place safe is to get back a pass first.
Original post by 999tigger
Yes that would pose no issue. I dont believe the Law soc has any min standards, but COL and BPP have min degree entrance requirements. Just make sure you pass otherwise you have headaches.
Original post by jenbsin
Thanks for the reply. So you mean what I have to do to place safe is to get back a pass first.

Just pass otherwise you will have to retake the module and wont be allowed to progress to year 2. You cant afford any more fails.
If you get a 2:2 BPP and UoL will be fine they really just want the fees. You need a 2:1 for employment reasons.
If you fail in August I would consider whether Law is for you as you could change degree subject.
Reply 4
Just pass otherwise you will have to retake the module and wont be allowed to progress to year 2. You cant afford any more fails.
If you get a 2:2 BPP and UoL will be fine they really just want the fees. You need a 2:1 for employment reasons.
If you fail in August I would consider whether Law is for you as you could change degree subject.

Thanks.

Also do you have any tips for people like me who are going to re-sit? I worked hard on that module however the result was way below expectation. I don’t even know what I have done wrongly and I still haven’t received any feedback yet. I can’t even try to appeal if I find the marking not fair as the appeal period is over.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by jenbsin
Thanks.

Also do you have any tips for people like me who are going to re-sit? I worked hard on that module however the result was way below expectation. I don’t even know what I have done wrongly and I still haven’t received any feedback yet.

What was the module?
What did you score?

I cnat see the resit is any different from a normal exam except you have a chance to strengthen weaknesses and more time to do so.
Just get some decent notes and do practice questions, see if Law express have a text plus Q&A. You only have to get 40 so thats the basics.
Spot the issues, state the correct law and a few cases, then apply the law to the facts, conclude.
Reply 6
What was the module?
What did you score?

I cnat see the resit is any different from a normal exam except you have a chance to strengthen weaknesses and more time to do so.
Just get some decent notes and do practice questions, see if Law express have a text plus Q&A. You only have to get 40 so thats the basics.
Spot the issues, state the correct law and a few cases, then apply the law to the facts, conclude.

C&A with only 21 in exam. Managed to get 2:1 in essay but marks being deducted significantly because of one referencing issue. This may be an excuse but I really didn’t know why the result would be that worse. Results in other modules are not bad.
Original post by jenbsin
C&A with only 21 in exam. Managed to get 2:1 in essay but marks being deducted significantly because of one referencing issue. This may be an excuse but I really didn’t know why the result would be that worse. Results in other modules are not bad.

What is C&A? In any event what I said learn your notes and do practice questions.
Reply 8
What is C&A? In any event what I said learn your notes and do practice questions.

Constitutional & Administrative Law
Original post by jenbsin
Constitutional & Administrative Law

Ok, still what I said before. I assume you might have some essay questions as well.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=law+express+constitutional+and+administrative+law&crid=17ARHZ4BMDN05&sprefix=law+express%2Caps%2C133&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_7_11
There may be better books but you only need 40.
There really isnt a reason to fail it if you work hard enough.
Reply 10
Ok, still what I said before. I assume you might have some essay questions as well.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=law+express+constitutional+and+administrative+law&crid=17ARHZ4BMDN05&sprefix=law+express%2Caps%2C133&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_7_11
There may be better books but you only need 40.
There really isnt a reason to fail it if you work hard enough.

Noted with thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending