The Student Room Group

shadowdweller does stuff

Hey folks, given how much I enjoyed taking part in the summer bucket list last year, I thought I'd jump into the summer challenge this year. I'll be blogging about my take on the challenge here, and will try to update every couple of days, assuming I've made progress on it!

I'm hoping to be able to check all of these off if I can, but we'll see how things go - camping may be a little tricky, given I don't have a tent! I'm especially excited for writing my own summer bucket list, there are so many awesome possibilities :love:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Key:

Not Started

In Progress

Complete

Bucket List:

Discover a new beach (UK or abroad)

Have a movie marathon day

Create something (fashion, art, music, creative writing or anything)

Visit a museum

Go for a long walk

Have a picnic

Try a new sport or fitness activity (and keep it up)

Go on a camping trip

Be the one in charge of cooking at a BBQ

Have a water fight

Have a well-being day (e.g. pamper day, doing whatever you enjoy etc.)

Try a new recipe

Inspire others by suggesting a free/low-cost thing to do where you live in this thread

Go on a hike

Invent a new smoothie

Take part in a random act of kindness

Learn a new skill

Write a bucket list and see how much you can tick off by the end of summer

(edited 4 years ago)
:cookie:
going to watch yay:king1:
Update 01/07/19:

I'm going to mark Volunteer somewhere as complete - I volunteer on TSR as a Section Leader, Peer Support Volunteer, and PS Reviewer, and between those I'm doing some form of volunteering on here everyday, not to mention results day is before this challenge ends, and I'll be helping out with that too :biggrin: If anyone else is interested in volunteer for TSR, you can apply to be a Forum Helper here, and read more about the other roles we have here.

I'm also helping out at Brownies this week - if online volunteering doesn't count, then surviving taking them all to the park definitely does! :lol:
(edited 4 years ago)
:cute:
Original post by shadowdweller
Update 01/07/19:

I'm going to mark Volunteer somewhere as complete - I volunteer on TSR as a Section Leader, Peer Support Volunteer, and PS Reviewer, and between those I'm doing some form of volunteering on here everyday, not to mention results day is before this challenge ends, and I'll be helping out with that too :biggrin:

I'm also helping out at Brownies this week - if online volunteering doesn't count, then surviving taking them all to the park definitely does! :lol:
Niceee :yep:
Reply 8
Ooh, I really like how you've set this out! I might magpie it, if you don't mind :h:
hlo
Original post by Bahaha
Ooh, I really like how you've set this out! I might magpie it, if you don't mind :h:

You're more than welcome to! :hat2:

Original post by Afsal ukku
hlo

Hey there :wavey:

Original post by CoolCavy

Original post by barror1
*watches*

Original post by RazzzBerries
Niceee :yep:

Original post by KimJayneNoel
:cute:

Thanks for watching, all! :hugs:
Update 04/07/19:

I updated yesterday, but now it's gone???

Do something towards getting your dream job (prep your CV, find apprenticeships/internships to apply to etc.) - I'm not currently looking for work, but I've revamped my CV! I'm also taking part in a training course, so I'll mark this as complete once I pass the exam :biggrin:

Read a book you haven’t read before - I've started reading 'Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan'. I'm currently about halfway though, and I'm really enjoying it :biggrin: I'm planning on reading the rest of the series once I've finished this book :yep:

Host a party, gathering or mini festival - I've organised a meal this evening with an LGBT+ Meetup that I'm part of, and I've also organised an Escape Room with people from work for next week! That's as close to a party or gathering as I'm likely to get, so I'm going to mark this as complete after tonight's event :woo:
Update 04/07/19:

I updated yesterday, but now it's gone???

Do something towards getting your dream job (prep your CV, find apprenticeships/internships to apply to etc.) - I'm not currently looking for work, but I've revamped my CV! I'm also taking part in a training course, so I'll mark this as complete once I pass the exam :biggrin:

Read a book you haven’t read before - I've started reading 'Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan'. I'm currently about halfway though, and I'm really enjoying it :biggrin: I'm planning on reading the rest of the series once I've finished this book :yep:

Host a party, gathering or mini festival - I've organised a meal this evening with an LGBT+ Meetup that I'm part of, and I've also organised an Escape Room with people from work for next week! That's as close to a party or gathering as I'm likely to get, so I'm going to mark this as complete after tonight's event :woo:

Good luck with your bucket list! :hugs:
Guess who's also reading the same book? :five:
Original post by Chronoscope
Good luck with your bucket list! :hugs:
Guess who's also reading the same book? :five:

Thank you! :hugs:

Ahaha, somehow that does not surprise me :five:
(edited 4 years ago)
Update 10/07/19:

I kept meaning to check if this was before or after the challenge started... but after checking, I'm excited to say I can cross 'Travel somewhere new (local or abroad… wherever)' off the list! :woo:

I went to Slovakia for 4 days with my family, which is somewhere I've never been before; I'll update my travel blog with the full experience sometime soon, but for now, enjoy a photo of their amazing blue church :biggrin:

Spoiler

Update 10/07/19:

I kept meaning to check if this was before or after the challenge started... but after checking, I'm excited to say I can cross 'Travel somewhere new (local or abroad… wherever)' off the list! :woo:

I went to Slovakia for 4 days with my family, which is somewhere I've never been before; I'll update my travel blog with the full experience sometime soon, but for now, enjoy a photo of their amazing blue church :biggrin:

Spoiler

Ooooh that sounds fun :woo:

Also, when was the start date? :ninja:
Update 10/07/19 pt 2:

You get two for the price of one today, because I'm very excited to say... I PASSED MY PSM1 (Professional Scrum Master) EXAM! :woo:

Spoiler

This means I'll be crossing 'Do something towards getting your dream job (prep your CV, find apprenticeships/internships to apply to etc.)' off of the list :ahee:

I'm also considering starting an MSc, and have approached a few unis about it, which would expand my CV even further, but watch this space :ninja:
Original post by Glaz
Ooooh that sounds fun :woo:

Also, when was the start date? :ninja:

It waaas, I would highly recommend! I'm hyped to update the travel blog on this too :gah:

The announcement thread was on the 25th, so personally I'm counting anything after that towards the challenge! :biggrin:
Update 10/07/19 pt 2:

You get two for the price of one today, because I'm very excited to say... I PASSED MY PSM1 (Professional Scrum Master) EXAM! :woo:

Spoiler

This means I'll be crossing 'Do something towards getting your dream job (prep your CV, find apprenticeships/internships to apply to etc.)' off of the list :ahee:

I have no idea what that is, but it sounds really important. Well done :woo:

I'm also considering starting an MSc, and have approached a few unis about it, which would expand my CV even further, but watch this space :ninja:

Ooh good luck on that, you'll do great :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest