The Student Room Group

Worthless, ugly, dumb, and... yeah

I have been feeling really worthless lately. Like I need someone to validate me.
I guess a lot of it is because I do not go out with friends that much (I do not have that many), I never get told that I am pretty and I think that I am probably ugly, I am 17 and still have not had a real relationship and for some reason I want one just so that I will know that somebody other than my immediate family loves me, I guess you could say that I just need attention but I really don't want to be "that girl" if you know what I mean. I really do not know what to do... I want help but I don't want to be an attention whore... God I hate this. Somebody help me.
you are not worthless love!
I'm 18 M, never had a relationship either, you aren't alone. Asking for help =/= attention-seeking. If you want help, ask for it. It might be hard to ask at first but you can do it I believe in you - you can do anything!
always here :smile:
Stop believing your thoughts, you are not your thoughts, continually doubt them and not listen to them.

This is all going on in your head and love is looking for the best for someone, being a servant to some else.
I'm exactly the same but i'm a bit older. It really feels useless being an ugly girl. No guys will ever like us.
Original post by Anonymous
I have been feeling really worthless lately. Like I need someone to validate me.
I guess a lot of it is because I do not go out with friends that much (I do not have that many), I never get told that I am pretty and I think that I am probably ugly, I am 17 and still have not had a real relationship and for some reason I want one just so that I will know that somebody other than my immediate family loves me, I guess you could say that I just need attention but I really don't want to be "that girl" if you know what I mean. I really do not know what to do... I want help but I don't want to be an attention whore... God I hate this. Somebody help me.

Girl i feel you, I am 18 dont have many friends ( i think thats just because i like to keep my circle small cause it is hard for me trust people i dont know why) never had a boyfriend so yh i get it there are many things i felt this way ( too many to count) bruh i sound old :tongue: but Its true and about wanting attention i get it cause no one has ever looking my way in that way ( not that i realise anyway) but dont worry and no you are most certainly not ugly have you seen me? the fact that you had the bravery to post this shows me that you are a strong beautiful and courageous girl so stop listening to those negative thoughts ok hope you have a great day
Reply 5
Original post by Avrinmoch
I'm exactly the same but i'm a bit older. It really feels useless being an ugly girl. No guys will ever like us.

I don't think girl's look is important.
How old are you? Are you studying in university?
Reply 6
Do you study well?
Are you studying in university?
Girl i feel you, I am 18 dont have many friends ( i think thats just because i like to keep my circle small cause it is hard for me trust people i dont know why) never had a boyfriend so yh i get it there are many things i felt this way ( too many to count) bruh i sound old :tongue: but Its true and about wanting attention i get it cause no one has ever looking my way in that way ( not that i realise anyway) but dont worry and no you are most certainly not ugly have you seen me? the fact that you had the bravery to post this shows me that you are a strong beautiful and courageous girl so stop listening to those negative thoughts ok hope you have a great day
Original post by rjckk
Do you study well?
Are you studying in university?

Yes i guess
not in uni yet waiting for my a levels results
Reply 8

Can you PM me?
Hey, it’s okay. i think we all get these moments. it probably doesn’t feel like a “moment” to you though. i would honestly work on self confidence, or if it becomes way too serious, try getting therapy

Quick Reply

Latest