The Student Room Group

GingerAnnie attempts TSR's Summer Challenge!

Hey everyone!
I looove Winter and try to avoid the sun at all costs (obviously ginger haha!) but I'm gonna slap on factor 50 and get involved with the TSR Summer Challenge 2019 and push myself out of my comfort zone.

Here are the 24 goals I need to complete by Saturday 31st August:

1. Discover a new beach (UK or abroad)
2. Have a movie marathon day
3. Travel somewhere new (local or abroad… wherever)
4. Create something (fashion, art, music, creative writing or anything)
5. Visit a museum
6. Go for a long walk
7. Read a book you haven’t read before
8. Have a picnic
9. Try a new sport or fitness activity (and keep it up)
10. Go on a camping trip
11. Be the one in charge of cooking at a BBQ
12. Have a water fight
13. Have a well-being day (e.g. pamper day, doing whatever you enjoy etc.)
14. Try a new recipe
15. Make your ultimate summer playlist
16. Inspire others by suggesting a free/low-cost thing to do where you live in this thread
17. Go on a hike
18. Invent a new smoothie
19. Take part in a random act of kindness
20. Host a party, gathering or mini festival
21. Learn a new skill
22. Write a bucket list and see how much you can tick off by the end of summer
23. Volunteer somewhere
24. Do something towards getting your dream job (prep your CV, find apprenticeships/internships to apply to etc.)
It's gonna be fun to have something to work towards!

I can see that there will be some I might struggle with more than others. (trying a new sport for one! I hated PE at school!).

I'm especially excited to get involved with learning new recipes! Pasta is my go too - it'll be nice to actually cook a PROPER adult meal haha!

My bucket list:
- Start drawing again! (I've been so busy with education commitments being artsy has taken a back seat!)
- Start preparing for my graduate job! Generally making myself more employable haha!
- I'll add more as I think of them but these two should keep me busy for the time being! :h:

If you'd like to get involved with TSRs Summer Challenge, you can find out more information here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6016840

Good luck to all of you entering, let's make 2019 a summer to remember!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by GingerAnnie

I'm especially excited to get involved with learning new recipes! Pasta is my go too - it'll be nice to actually cook a PROPER adult meal haha!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good luck with everything and have a fab summer :biggrin:
Hey everyone!
I looove Winter and try to avoid the sun at all costs (obviously ginger haha!) but I'm gonna slap on factor 50 and get involved with the TSR Summer Challenge 2019 and push myself out of my comfort zone.

Here are the 24 goals I need to complete by Saturday 31st August:

1. Discover a new beach (UK or abroad)
2. Have a movie marathon day
3. Travel somewhere new (local or abroad… wherever)
4. Create something (fashion, art, music, creative writing or anything)
5. Visit a museum
6. Go for a long walk
7. Read a book you haven’t read before
8. Have a picnic
9. Try a new sport or fitness activity (and keep it up)
10. Go on a camping trip
11. Be the one in charge of cooking at a BBQ
12. Have a water fight
13. Have a well-being day (e.g. pamper day, doing whatever you enjoy etc.)
14. Try a new recipe
15. Make your ultimate summer playlist
16. Inspire others by suggesting a free/low-cost thing to do where you live in this thread
17. Go on a hike
18. Invent a new smoothie
19. Take part in a random act of kindness
20. Host a party, gathering or mini festival
21. Learn a new skill
22. Write a bucket list and see how much you can tick off by the end of summer
23. Volunteer somewhere
24. Do something towards getting your dream job (prep your CV, find apprenticeships/internships to apply to etc.)
It's gonna be fun to have something to work towards!

I can see that there will be some I might struggle with more than others. (trying a new sport for one! I hated PE at school!).

My bucket list:
- Start drawing again! (I've been so busy with education commitments being artsy has taken a back seat!)
- Start preparing for my graduate job! Generally making myself more employable haha!
- I'll add more as I think of them but these two should keep me busy for the time being! :h:

If you'd like to get involved with TSRs Summer Challenge, you can find out more information here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6016840

Good luck to all of you entering, let's make 2019 a summer to remember!

Yaaaaas! Looking forward to your updates :biggrin:
thank you! you too :biggrin::biggrin:

Original post by 8472

Good luck with everything and have a fab summer :biggrin:
Original post by PilboBaggins
Yaaaaas! Looking forward to your updates :biggrin:

I went to see my Mum last weekend in Norfolk and managed to tick 4 things off the Summer Challenge! I feel very productive!

I managed to complete:
1. Discover a new beach
3. Travel somewhere new
6. Go for a long walk
8. Have a picnic

I have been to Norfolk before (Mum moved there about a year ago) but I hadn't been to Great Yarmouth!! :confused: so we drove there on the Saturday and took a walk along the beach which was very nice and relaxing! Great Yarmouth town looked very run down and a bit gross, but the beach was great. We had an ice cream and enjoyed the sun - a bit too much, I forgot to put sun cream on and now have really burnt arms and head hahaha oops.

On the Sunday we took Minnie (my dog) for a reeally long walk along the Broads. We also brought a picnic with us and had lunch before heading back - it was really sunny again - more heat than I could handle hahah! :h:

I'm looking forward to ticking more things off throughout the summer!

I went to see my Mum last weekend in Norfolk and managed to tick 4 things off the Summer Challenge! I feel very productive!

I managed to complete:
1. Discover a new beach
3. Travel somewhere new
6. Go for a long walk
8. Have a picnic

I have been to Norfolk before (Mum moved there about a year ago) but I hadn't been to Great Yarmouth!! :confused: so we drove there on the Saturday and took a walk along the beach which was very nice and relaxing! Great Yarmouth town looked very run down and a bit gross, but the beach was great. We had an ice cream and enjoyed the sun - a bit too much, I forgot to put sun cream on and now have really burnt arms and head hahaha oops.

On the Sunday we took Minnie (my dog) for a reeally long walk along the Broads. We also brought a picnic with us and had lunch before heading back - it was really sunny again - more heat than I could handle hahah! :h:

I'm looking forward to ticking more things off throughout the summer!

Amazing! Sounds like you had the nicest time. I've never been to Great Yarmouth. Gotta love long beach walks and a picnic though!
5/7/19 Little update for you guys!

Last night I managed to tick another activity off my list - trying a new recipe! :five:

After a lot of googling, I decided to attempt making chilli and I'll tell you what... it actually wasn't a disaster! :dance:

Thanks to BBC Food, I enjoyed a lovely chill con carne for dinner - I was pretty chuffed ngl. :eating:

I'm going to Love Supreme tomorrow (festival in Lewes - near Brighton) which is super exciting!
Not sure how far away from the train station the actual festival is, so might be a bit of a treck to get there (does that mean I could tick off hiking too? hmm, could work? :lol:)

What're you guys up to this weekend? :smile:
5/7/19 ... 2 updates in 1 day! I'm being very productive

So I've decided which sport I'm going to try this summer... table tennis!

@PilboBaggins challenged me to a game (well 3) and I lost aaaall the games (shameful :blushing:), but I'm gonna keep at it and beat her by the end of the summer!

This will be me by the end of the summer hahaha :rofl3:

I'll keep you guys updated on my progress and (hopefully) future win ! :aetsch:
5/7/19 ... 2 updates in 1 day! I'm being very productive

So I've decided which sport I'm going to try this summer... table tennis!

@PilboBaggins challenged me to a game (well 3) and I lost aaaall the games (shameful :blushing:), but I'm gonna keep at it and beat her by the end of the summer!

This will be me by the end of the summer hahaha :rofl3:

I'll keep you guys updated on my progress and (hopefully) future win ! :aetsch:

Hahahaha! You were good as it was your first time! :h:

Getting ready for our next game after your practicing...

11/7/19 Little update!
So last night I managed to tick off number 7 on the Summer Challenge... read a book you haven't read before :smile:
Finally finished reading The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen - it was great! I do love a crime book :colondollar:
I'm looking forward to ticking off more challenges in the coming weeks!

You're definitely bossing Summer! :cool:
11/7/19 Little update!
So last night I managed to tick off number 7 on the Summer Challenge... read a book you haven't read before :smile:
Finally finished reading The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen - it was great! I do love a crime book :colondollar:
I'm looking forward to ticking off more challenges in the coming weeks!

Sounds good! I haven't read that one. Might have to give it a go as I love a good crime book too. :h:
You should! :biggrin: I think there's 12? books in the series!! Should keep you busy for a while hahah! :lol:
Original post by PilboBaggins
Sounds good! I haven't read that one. Might have to give it a go as I love a good crime book too. :h:
I'm gonna check off number 4. Artistic Creation :smile:
I've got back into painting and digital art this summer now I don't have uni commitments. It's been great! :bban:
Some of my work is on my art instagram account @anniegreyarrt
Check it out :smile:
Update 22/08/19

I managed to tick off another summer goal this weekend... a movie marathon! :smile:
After having a few too many drinks on Saturday night, I spent my Sunday watching feel-good films to mend my sore head :wink:
I watched: Bridesmaids, a LOT of How I Met Your Mother (i know not a movie but I'm counting it haha!) and I finally watched A Simple Favour (now it's on Netflix yay!)

What did you get up to this weekend? :biggrin:
Update: 31/7/19

So here's a little update on challenge 9. Try a new sport or fitness activity (and keep it up). I've played 3 table tennis games against @PilboBaggins now, and today we managed to get a rally of 32!! It might not seem a lot to you guys, but in my mind I'm a table tennis pro now :thumbsup:

Pilbo even managed to get a video of me mid game... check it out! v

Super casual. :lol: Can I tick off the challenge now? Yeah I think so! :cool:

So here's a little update on challenge 9. Try a new sport or fitness activity (and keep it up). I've played 3 table tennis games against @PilboBaggins now, and today we managed to get a rally of 32!! It might not seem a lot to you guys, but in my mind I'm a table tennis pro now :thumbsup:

Hahaha actual footage of you living your best table tennis life.

I can confirm that we are now table tennis professionals... :top2:

From what I've seen of your matches in the kitchen I can confirm definite actual footage :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest