The Student Room Group

I need something to do

I’m 17 years old and I need something to do during the summer. I did ncs last year but I want a summer activity to do other than learning a language and volunteering both of which I am doing
Original post by Emma603xxxx
I’m 17 years old and I need something to do during the summer. I did ncs last year but I want a summer activity to do other than learning a language and volunteering both of which I am doing

Learn a new instrument? Go out with friends a lot? Go out with family a lot? Explore new places by yourself? Go to new beaches?

https://www.princes-trust.org.uk/help-for-young-people/programmes

Also one of the trusts does work placements?

I think getting a job and earning money is good.
Already have a job but never get any shifts 😂😅
Original post by 999tigger

What’s a trust

That’s the thing my friends work a lot or they can’t afford to do anything or they can’t be bothered, I’m trying to make new friends that’s why I want to go to places I’ve never been and do summer camps but it’s all money and I have strict parents that won’t let me anywhere by myself basically. Also my city is landlocked I’m not near any beaches 😂
Original post by Glaz
Learn a new instrument? Go out with friends a lot? Go out with family a lot? Explore new places by yourself? Go to new beaches?
What’s a trust

Charity like sutton trust, they offer uni summer schools if you are from a low performing state school or disadvantaged background.
I dont think its Sutton I think its another one. Might be way too late for this summer.

Ge a job earn money and travel a bit?
The thing is I’m not going to uni I’m joining the army and it’s all money that I dont have
Charity like sutton trust, they offer uni summer schools if you are from a low performing state school or disadvantaged background.
I dont think its Sutton I think its another one. Might be way too late for this summer.

Ge a job earn money and travel a bit?
Apprenticeship, enrolment in any activities, hobbies, meet new people, join club, read, write, learn new stuffs or flirt with your friends

You could try TSR's Summer Challenge? Might be a nice thing to do as it gives you a list of goals to tick off :smile:
speak to someone senior about getting more shifts? or maybe apply for another job?
Already have a job but never get any shifts 😂😅
Yeah good idea thanks :wink:
Original post by pineapplepink
speak to someone senior about getting more shifts? or maybe apply for another job?
Yeah good idea thanks :wink:
Original post by StrawberryDreams
You could try TSR's Summer Challenge? Might be a nice thing to do as it gives you a list of goals to tick off :smile:

Get a DOE and or Gold Arts Award

Quick Reply

Latest