The Student Room Group

American woman faces up to 20 years in prison for tampering with ice creams

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/woman-seen-licking-ice-cream-viral-video-faces-20-years-n1026556

Basically she was dumb enough to video herself opening tubs of ice cream in a shop, licking them and putting them back in the freezer, before posting it on social media as a "prank". Also up to $10k fine. Stupidity is often costly :flute:

Scroll to see replies

What the hell is wrong with people?
gross but 20 years would be ridiculous

murderers in England get less than that!
Meh, no sympathy. Not difficult to behave.
Original post by Palmyra
gross but 20 years would be ridiculous

murderers in England get less than that!

America is not England.
woman is dumb af but 20 years, America is insane
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
woman is dumb af but 20 years, America is insane

That's just the statutory maximum if she's found guilty and the judge decides to give her that, in reality I suspect she won't get any jail time.
https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-22-09.html

Here is the law.

It is only an offence if serious bodily harm is probable. It does not seem to be the case here.
Looks like her prank got an icy reception.
Reply 9
That wasn't a very ice thing to do, but a full 20 year sentence would be pretty cold treatment.
they should just make her lick cow dung and spread it across her face and be done with it. imagine the amount of money that'll be wasted by keeping her in prison.
Original post by Leviathan1611
they should just make her lick cow dung and spread it across her face and be done with it. imagine the amount of money that'll be wasted by keeping her in prison.

now that ... is a good idea! :biggrin: make her eat ice cream licked by someone else too. all that yummy spit..
Original post by Kangaroo17
now that ... is a good idea! :biggrin: make her eat ice cream licked by someone else too. all that yummy spit..

no no no, how can we give a criminal ice cream? even if it was licked by someone, it'll still taste good, even I'd eat it. let's just stick to cow dung
it cracks me up how she may get more time than a murderer
like just put her in prison for a few months to teach her a lesson but like ****ing 20 years is ridiculous
plant man I'd expect better from you
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Looks like her prank got an icy reception.
Reply 15
Bloody hell Einstein
Original post by Qup
America is not England.
Original post by xxlaila03xx
it cracks me up how she may get more time than a murderer
like just put her in prison for a few months to teach her a lesson but like ****ing 20 years is ridiculous

No. 20 years is her getting off easy!
Ew :frown:
thats better than what I saw on hub last night. a woman put a carrot in her "storage area" then put it back
20 years.... surely it should be 99

:h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending