The Student Room Group

Easiest way to trigger a TSR user?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muttley79
Not Aston but others - if Cambridge is so good at producing engineers then, in my opinion, it really should do better at Formula Student.

"Formula Student (FS) is Europe's most established educational engineering competition and celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2018. Backed by industry and high-profile engineers such Patron, Ross Brawn OBE, the competition aims to develop enterprising and innovative young engineers and encourage more young people to take up a career in engineering.

The project usually forms part of a degree-level project and is viewed by the motorsport industry as the standard for engineering graduates to meet, transitioning them from university to the workplace. It is a kite-mark for real-world engineering experience, combining practical engineering experience with soft skills including business planning and project management."

What are the top 3 universities in the UK to study engineering according to the application decisions of your best and brightest students?
- Tell them that they're triggered, even if they're not.
Not Aston but others - if Cambridge is so good at producing engineers then, in my opinion, it really should do better at Formula Student.

Are you seriously suggesting a new league table for engineering based on the position achieved in Student Formula?
Psychology isn't a real science
“The burka should be banned in the UK”
Original post by harrysbar
Are you seriously suggesting a new league table for engineering based on the position achieved in Student Formula?

No of course not but the current ones aren't much use are they?
No of course not but the current ones aren't much use are they?

They're a good starting point as long as students know to take them with a pinch of salt. But it's better to have some idea of which are the strongest unis than no idea
'Trans' people have a mental illness, you can't change your sex.

Edit: Or, black people are less intelligent than white people for predominately genetic reasons.
(edited 4 years ago)
Oh dear Harrysbar, you didn't tell me about this tiff
Don't think I've forgotten :angry:
They're a good starting point as long as students know to take them with a pinch of salt. But it's better to have some idea of which are the strongest unis than no idea

Really? I disagree - look at the course content and the grade requirements - that tells you a lot. Student should choose on that NOT league tables [none of them agree with each other anyway]. There's absolutely no point going somewhere and hating the degree ... even if its supposedly a 'good uni'. VERY few professions look at the uni these days - it's more to do with the degree classification and experience.
The current tables just aren't 'sensitive' enough to really distinguish between, for example, different types of Engineering. What is a top uni anyway? It's certainly not just RG or Oxbridge..
Original post by Oxford Mum
Oh dear Harrysbar, you didn't tell me about this tiff

@the bear pulled me up on an apostrophe catastrophe I was having one day.

It was a low point in our relationship but you have to try to get over these things :s-smilie:
Don’t worry bear isn’t one to hold a grudge. He’s too busy composing bravura poems about Hiawatha
mention anything in support of veganism
Really? I disagree - look at the course content and the grade requirements - that tells you a lot. Student should choose on that NOT league tables [none of them agree with each other anyway]. There's absolutely no point going somewhere and hating the degree ... even if its supposedly a 'good uni'. VERY few professions look at the uni these days - it's more to do with the degree classification and experience.
The current tables just aren't 'sensitive' enough to really distinguish between, for example, different types of Engineering. What is a top uni anyway? It's certainly not just RG or Oxbridge..

You disagree with me, I disagree with you,
You disagree with me, I disagree with you,

*triggered*

I think I win the thread :biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)
@the bear pulled me up on an apostrophe catastrophe I was having one day.

It was a low point in our relationship but you have to try to get over these things :s-smilie:

hey harry's dont be sad, we all have our imperfection's :h:
Gosh, do you have any imperfections, bear? Didn’t know that...
Original post by the bear
hey harry's dont be sad, we all have our imperfection's :h:

Did you put that unnecessary apostrophe in just to cheer me up? Be honest now
Did you put that unnecessary apostrophe in just to cheer me up? Be honest now

i was hoping you wouldnt notice my mistake's harry's :emo:
Original post by the bear
i was hoping you wouldnt notice my mistake's harry's :emo:

Your a legends

Quick Reply

Latest