The Student Room Group

Small boobs after anorexia

I’ve never had big boobs, they’ve always been small but is there any chance they’ll grow? I lost a lot of weight around puberty time (ish) and even tho I’m well weight restored, my boobs haven’t changed, they’re still tiny. Have I stunted their growth? Will they ever grow? Cos genetics say I should have medium size boobs, not non existent ones :frown:

Scroll to see replies

well done on overcoming your horrible illness. do not fret about your lack of chest fat... only very shallow people would judge you on superficial appearance.
it will take a while for your breasts to get to that state, after I recovered from anorexia I had smaller breasts but a couple months later after maintaining my weight I went up 2 cup sizes so don't lose hope.
Reply 3
Original post by the bear
well done on overcoming your horrible illness. do not fret about your lack of chest fat... only very shallow people would judge you on superficial appearance.

Reply 4
Thanks for the hope aha :smile:
Original post by elwesannabelle
it will take a while for your breasts to get to that state, after I recovered from anorexia I had smaller breasts but a couple months later after maintaining my weight I went up 2 cup sizes so don't lose hope.
What do you mean "genetics say..."? how do you know?
Reply 6
Both my mums and dads side of women have big boobs lol. Which should mean I get them too?
Original post by angelike1
What do you mean "genetics say..."? how do you know?
Original post by AriAlex
Both my mums and dads side of women have big boobs lol. Which should mean I get them too?

I read "both my mum and dad have big boobs"

:biggrin:
nope only way to get nice boobies is implants
Original post by tesconyc

you are fake news

all boobs are beautiful :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Palmyra
I read "both my mum and dad have big boobs"

:biggrin:

Lmao
Reply 11
Nah implants don’t look natural and you have to get them replaced every few years, plus no money
Original post by tesconyc
Original post by AriAlex

Meh not always. I'm pretty sure growth is like 80% genetics so even if your anorexia did have an effect it wasn't by much.
It will depend on your weight... You're weight restored but are you as heavy as your busty relatives? Also right after weight restoration the fat settles weirdly ime and within sort of 2-12 months it redistributed a bit.
They'd probably grow after pregnancy.
Reply 15
I'm now in my mid forties, after being mildly anorexic as a teenager....and have always been flat chested. Now, after 3 kids my boobs are non existent. Lift my arms up and they disappear altogether They started off as an A cup, and I've lost half a cup size after each child. I used to stress about it, but as I've got older it bothers me less. I don't think I've ever met a woman with smaller boobs than me...but it didn't seem to hinder me in finding a boyfriend or a husband...and was a positive advantage for breast feeding. All my better -endowed friends had numerous difficulties with breast feeding, but I had no problems at all. Plus it never hurts to run, or jump up stairs etc. I don't get back ache. The biggest issue is not being able to find dresses to fit. But there are many worse things that can happen in life than that. Being young is so stressful. Its great being older and realising that a lot of stuff you used to fret about really isn't that big a deal after all. xx
Reply 16
Original post by rro
I'm now in my mid forties, after being mildly anorexic as a teenager....and have always been flat chested. Now, after 3 kids my boobs are non existent. Lift my arms up and they disappear altogether They started off as an A cup, and I've lost half a cup size after each child. I used to stress about it, but as I've got older it bothers me less. I don't think I've ever met a woman with smaller boobs than me...but it didn't seem to hinder me in finding a boyfriend or a husband...and was a positive advantage for breast feeding. All my better -endowed friends had numerous difficulties with breast feeding, but I had no problems at all. Plus it never hurts to run, or jump up stairs etc. I don't get back ache. The biggest issue is not being able to find dresses to fit. But there are many worse things that can happen in life than that. Being young is so stressful. Its great being older and realising that a lot of stuff you used to fret about really isn't that big a deal after all. xx

Thank you xx
Original post by I’m_triene

Thank you this makes me hopeful. I used to have a D when I was 16. I got anorexic and went down to a C.. feels like barley a C.. I’m starting to get better but I’m worried they’ll never grow back. I’m 18 now so past the whole boob growth spurt and my sister is a DD and I feel behind. We had the same growth patterns till I got anorexic. I’ve been a C since I got anorexic and I’m worried I stunted my growth and missed out on them growing. I’m afraid I’ll never even get back up to a D. Missing my old healthy body!! Lol! Boys ruined my health but thankfully I’m past it. Thank you again you really have me hope.
Boobs don't make you beautiful. Having overcome Anorexia is incredible and I'm so proud of your journey. I recognise that you want big boobs and have a sister with a larger cup size, but big boobs can cause some other major health issues. You may not gain much, but a C cup is a completely respectable bust size, and whatever happens, you are a beautiful person. Anyone who can't see that isn't deserving of you.
Original post by JenniferWolf
Thank you this makes me hopeful. I used to have a D when I was 16. I got anorexic and went down to a C.. feels like barley a C.. I’m starting to get better but I’m worried they’ll never grow back. I’m 18 now so past the whole boob growth spurt and my sister is a DD and I feel behind. We had the same growth patterns till I got anorexic. I’ve been a C since I got anorexic and I’m worried I stunted my growth and missed out on them growing. I’m afraid I’ll never even get back up to a D. Missing my old healthy body!! Lol! Boys ruined my health but thankfully I’m past it. Thank you again you really have me hope.

Well done for getting over your anorexia.
Girls boobs can continue to grow into early 20's so there's still time for yours to grow more.
The size and/or shape of any girl's boobs doesn't make them any nicer or less nice of a person. It really doesn't matter what size they are, so please stop worrying about it because there's nothing you can do about it anyway. They are what they are. Learn to accept and love all of your body, and be positive about yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest