The Student Room Group

International Baccalaureate Results Day 5th/6th July 2019 Chat

Scroll to see replies

did you still get into your unis? and what unis did you firm and insure??
Original post by infiinitee_
I completed the IB last year and missed my grades and had a whole mental breakdown; so if anyone has any questions or needs any help tomorrow I would be happy to pitch in!
I completed the IB last year and missed my grades and had a whole mental breakdown; so if anyone has any questions or needs any help tomorrow I would be happy to pitch in!
Yep I still got into my firm choice. It was a bit tricky because whilst I miss my HL grades by a point- needed 766 and got 666- I exceeded the total score required by 6 points. I think the fact that I missed my HL grade by literally 1 raw mark (needed 1 mark to get a 7) also contributed towards them accepting me.

I firmed KCL and insured QMUL I believe
Original post by mjyguyyyy
Original post by arpereira
Same here, did resists and tomorrow we shall see if I get mental breakdown part 2 🤪

Oh noo I'm sure you'll do great! Best of luck x
Reply 24
Hi!
How much time did univ take to confirm. My school will not give result till tomorrow. Can it happen that UCAS confirms before that.
KCL is my firm choice too.
Yep I still got into my firm choice. It was a bit tricky because whilst I miss my HL grades by a point- needed 766 and got 666- I exceeded the total score required by 6 points. I think the fact that I missed my HL grade by literally 1 raw mark (needed 1 mark to get a 7) also contributed towards them accepting me.

I firmed KCL and insured QMUL I believe
Original post by anuvand
Hi!
How much time did univ take to confirm. My school will not give result till tomorrow. Can it happen that UCAS confirms before that.
KCL is my firm choice too.

Universities don’t get IB results until tonight/tomorrow morning and most don’t work over the weekend. Track isn’t likely to update until Monday at the earliest.

Some schools don’t agree to IBO sharing results with ucas and you have to send your results through directly instead.
Hey everybody,

Good luck for today, I know this must feel like such a big day after all of the hard work you have put in!

The IB is a very demanding course and so you should all be really proud for having seen it through :u:

I hope you get the results you were hoping for today! :charm:

Ste :beard:
Original post by arpereira
Same here, did resists and tomorrow we shall see if I get mental breakdown part 2 🤪

Best of luck tomorrow, fingers crossed :heart:
I'm here for anyone who needs it! I'm A-levels though, so keep in mind I am mainly for some uni questions and emotional support :hugs:
Reply 29
Original post by barror1
I'm here for anyone who needs it! I'm A-levels though, so keep in mind I am mainly for some uni questions and emotional support :hugs:

Same here, will be here to help in my own capacity. :smile:
Anyone received results?
Not yet :redface:
Original post by davidlwd
Anyone received results?
9 hours left for me :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by davidlwd
Anyone received results?

Original post by sleepingmonarch
Not yet :redface:

Original post by hydrogen123
9 hours left for me :smile:

Good luck all. There will be people around to help with any UCAS application and clearing queries should you need them. :smile:
Reply 34
Results are out since yesterday. I don't understand how noone here has received them.
Original post by EleaGR
Results are out since yesterday. I don't understand how noone here has received them.

Results don't have to be released by the school when they get them (yesterday), some people have to wait until 12:00pm GMT today :smile:
Reply 36
go
Original post by Lemur14
Results don't have to be released by the school when they get them (yesterday), some people have to wait until 12:00pm GMT today :smile:

That's weird. I know at least a dozen of students in 4 different countries that their schools gave them their results.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by EleaGR
goThat's weird. I know at least a dozen of students in 4 different countries that their schools gave them their results.

Lots of schools do give them out, but I know quite a few people who haven't got them yet!
Reply 38
Original post by Lemur14
Lots of schools do give them out, but I know quite a few people who haven't got them yet!

Kind of cruel in my opinion. Why do they do that?
Reply 39
Original post by EleaGR

Some schools released results yesterday and some today. It really depends. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending