The Student Room Group

Law Clearing places for 2019 entry

I have gone on UCAS and listed the law courses which might be of interest to those looking for places in Clearing.

THIS IS NOT THE COMPLETE LAW CLEARING LIST FOR 2019. IT INCLUDES ONLY THE COURSES I THOUGHT MOST INTERESTING. MANY MORE LAW COURSES ARE IN CLEARING AND NOT LISTED.

City: Law
Durham: Law with Foundation
UEA: Law, Law with American Law, Law with European Legal Systems
Exeter: Law with Business, Law with Business and Industrial Placement/Professional Placement
Hull: Law, Law with Criminology
Keele: Law, Law with Business/Criminology
Kent: Law, Law with Criminology
Lancaster: Law, Law (International Law), Criminology and Law
Leicester: Law, Law with Criminology, Law with Politics
Liverpool: Law, Business with Law, Criminology with Law
Newcastle: Law
Nottingham: Law, Law with French and French Law, Law with German and German Law
Oxford Brookes: Law
QMUL: Business with Law, Global Law, Law and Politics
QUB: Law, Law with Politics, Common and Civil Law with French
Reading: Law
RHUL: Law, Law with Criminology, Law with Politics
Sheffield: Law, Law (with Chinese Law), Law (with French Law)
SOAS: Law, Law and Arabic, Law and Chinese
Southampton: Law, Law (Maritime Law)
Surrey: Law, Law with Criminology
Sussex: Law
Warwick: Politics, Philosophy and Law
Cardiff: Law, Law and Criminology/French/Politics/Sociology/Welsh
Northumbria: Law, MLaw (particularly valuable to SFE-fund your BPTC)

If you know the grades the above courses are asking for, please let us know in the thread.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Notoriety
I have gone on UCAS and listed the law courses which might be of interest to those looking for places in Clearing.

City: Law
Durham: Law with Foundation
UEA: Law, Law with American Law, Law with European Legal Systems
Exeter: Law with Business, Law with Business and Industrial Placement/Professional Placement
Hull: Law, Law with Criminology
Keele: Law, Law with Business/Criminology
Kent: Law, Law with Criminology
Lancaster: Law, Law (International Law), Criminology and Law
Leicester: Law, Law with Criminology, Law with Politics
Liverpool: Law, Business with Law, Criminology with Law
Newcastle: Law
Nottingham: Law, Law with French and French Law, Law with German and German Law
Oxford Brookes: Law
QMUL: Business with Law, Global Law, Law and Politics
QUB: Law, Law with Politics, Common and Civil Law with French
Reading: Law
RHUL: Law, Law with Criminology, Law with Politics
Sheffield: Law, Law (with Chinese Law), Law (with French Law)
SOAS: Law, Law and Arabic, Law and Chinese
Southampton: Law, Law (Maritime Law)
Surrey: Law, Law with Criminology
Sussex: Law
Warwick: Politics, Philosophy and Law

None of them are rubbish unis.....be honest, did you leave some out???
Reply 2
Original post by harrysbar
None of them are rubbish unis.....be honest, did you leave some out???

Yes, I only included those which are potentially interesting to the students on here. There is no point including Kingston.
Aw, papa Noto looking out for the young'uns. :colone:
Yes, I only included those which are potentially interesting to the students on here. There is no point including Kingston.

Agreed, people are better off not diving down too close to the bottom of the league tables if they want to have a realistic chance of a career in Law
(edited 4 years ago)

it's probably in the same realm as keele/hall though...
Reply 6
Original post by Anagogic

I humbly disagree.

But I am not interested in a debate. I have my opinion on what courses would be most interesting to people on the law forum. If you disagree, you can formulate your own list.
(edited 4 years ago)

Only according to the Kingston Marketing team
Guys I have a Q
so lets say nottinghams entry requirements is AAA
in clearing will it drop ??
I humbly disagree.

Based on what? I would bet a substantial amount that career prospects don't differ that much between them.
Only according to the Kingston Marketing team

Beats harping on about student satisfaction.
Reply 11
Based on what? I would bet a substantial amount that career prospects don't differ that much between them.

To restate the edited post, "But I am not interested in a debate. I have my opinion on what courses would be most interesting to people on the law forum. If you disagree, you can formulate your own list."

I never mentioned career prospects, also.
(edited 4 years ago)
To restate the edited post, "But I am not interested in a debate. I have my opinion on what courses would be most interesting to people on the law forum. If you disagree, you can formulate your own list."

I never mentioned career prospects, also.

Fair enough, it's your list. Not sure how you've stipulated it though, did you roll a dice?
Reply 13
Fair enough, it's your list. Not sure how you've stipulated it though, did you roll a dice?

Well, it seems acceptable for you to use your opinion to say that Keele and Hull are on par with Kingston. I use my opinion, which comes from more experience of law and law courses than you, to say that this is not true. I hope that suffices as an explanation.

You, in search of an argument, have invented this idea that I listed only the "good" unis. I merely listed unis which students might be surprised to see they are in Clearing, which just so happens to be unis you mainly consider "good". We've had posters ask about Kent, Keele, Hull and Clearing in the past, so it follows users might not know that the aforementioned unis are in Clearing. I am not surprised to know Kingston, London Met, Middlesex, Derby or Sunderland are in Clearing and I don't think many others would be, so I thought it pointless to include them on my list.

The debate you wish to have, where particular unis stand, is hopelessly uninteresting to me and I am not going to get involved. It is the folly of freshers and grads who work at Tesco.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by MonkeyUSB
Guys I have a Q
so lets say nottinghams entry requirements is AAA
in clearing will it drop ??

They are in Clearing so you should phone their Admissions to ask what they are likely to accept
(edited 4 years ago)
Well, it seems acceptable for you to use your opinion to say that Keele and Hull are on par with Kingston. I use my opinion, which comes from more experience of law and law courses than you, to say that this is not true. I hope that suffices as an explanation.

You, in search of an argument, have invented this idea that I listed only the "good" unis. I merely listed unis which students might be surprised to see they are in Clearing, which just so happens to be unis you mainly consider "good". We've had posters ask about Kent, Keele, Hull and Clearing in the past, so it follows users might not know that the aforementioned unis are in Clearing. I am not surprised to know Kingston, London Met, Middlesex, Derby or Sunderland are in Clearing and I don't think many others would be, so I thought it pointless to include them on my list.

The debate you wish to have, where particular unis stand, is hopelessly uninteresting to me and I am not going to get involved. It is the folly of freshers and grads who work at Tesco.

One works at Waitrose actually...What premise is this based on though? You talk about experience and knowledge of the course but what specific elements make it better to potential applicants? Plus half of the unis you've listed do appear on clearing year after year, so please do elaborate.
Reply 16
They are in Clearing so you should phone their Admissions to ask what they are likely to accept

When will Clearing grades be stated on the websites, do you reckon? I would like to add the grades required, for future reference. I am not inclined to get on the blower.
When will Clearing grades be stated on the websites, do you reckon? I would like to add the grades required, for future reference. I am not inclined to get on the blower.

I don't think they will want to advertise how low they are prepared to go on their websites until very close to A level results day, maybe not even then for places like Nottingham - they will prefer to get people to phone a Clearing hotline or fill in an online form. It would be really good to know for future reference though - maybe someone could start a thread where people post what offers they actually got for Law in Clearing?
Reply 18
I must insist, boys and girls, that you use the VM feature rather than having your chinwag on my beautiful thread. Thank you.

Have you got something against the Welsh?

Quick Reply

Latest