The Student Room Group

Why does Britain ally itself with the US if the US is a terrible country?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mark227
Here, there's one: https://www.quora.com/profile/Rab-C-Nesbitt-1

And ma'am, it's not just Quora who says these things.

There are plenty of people who think all the world's governments are run by lizard people, or who think the entire world is a simulation a la the matrix. Do you believe them as well?

Just because someone says some **** doesn't mean you have to assume it's the gospel truth.
Original post by Mark227
Here, there's one: https://www.quora.com/profile/Rab-C-Nesbitt-1

And ma'am, it's not just Quora who says these things.

You live in the Philippines (according to you) what would you know? Provide some credible information.
None of that persons threads bear any resemblance to your claim.
Some people dislike America, but in general the UK is great friends with America because we have common cultural ties, economics and a shared history of co operation. You are just some discontent who doesnt like America, likes to spread lies and if you could would be happy to cause death and destruction.
Original post by Alexty28
We are not banning Hollywood, fast food all that ****. Yeah I love Britain and want our government to help develop our own industry and companies. Yes there is a lot wrong with the U.S. But its how the world works, and its not gonna change anytime soon. America will eventually collapse like all great superpowers before it.

America already survived two financial crises, two world wars and several mini wars and a civil war. Right now, they are in a time of fragile peace and already paid for their crimes: see how hated Blair and bush are for the Iraq war.
Reply 43
Original post by Alexty28
As you pointed out I''m literally planning on studying there duh duh duh. So wear the badge of ****ing idiot with pride.

America will eventually collapse like all great superpowers before it.

Remember, if you here any loud bangs, run! Just get out as quickly as possible!

And yes but that's going to take a really long time; you might be dead before that happens!

And I thought you were different but I guess you and 999tigger are just the same, shame.
Original post by Mark227

And yes but that's going to take a really long time; you might be dead before that happens!

And I thought you were different but I guess you and 999tigger are just the same, shame.

Why do you hate America so much? It sounds like you want to become the next America? What about all the people in America? Should they suffer too?
Original post by 999tigger
What a load of bollox and untruths. Europe does not consist of American puppets. Utter nonsense.

You're right, Europe consists of European puppets
Original post by Mark227

Why do you hate America, are you jealous of their success?
Reply 47
Original post by Notsureimsure
You're right, Europe consists of European puppets

Erm?
Reply 48
Original post by Professional G
Why do you hate America so much?

What about all the people in America? Should they suffer too?

I thought the "MAJORITY" of British people do.

And that's up to the "MAJORITY" of British people to decide.

Seriously, can someone from the majority answer this please and ma'am, stop denying this okay? Can everybody do each other a favor and answer the question from a majority's perspective.
Reply 49
Original post by Napp
Erm?

Erm what? Say it!
Reply 50
are you jealous of their success?

No but a lot of Europeans want to be the number one again. They believe that the world would be better off if they ruled it and not their outcast and ostracized people who fled to the US.
Reply 51
Original post by Mark227
Erm what? Say it!

That your comment makes no sense? Sure. Consider it said? :s-smilie:
Original post by Napp
That your comment makes no sense? Sure. Consider it said? :s-smilie:

It was actually mine not his, and it makes perfect sense. Who is the leader of Belgium? How is the leadership and financial situation in Greece since they joined Germ- I mean, Europe?
Reply 53
It was actually mine not his, and it makes perfect sense. Who is the leader of Belgium? How is the leadership and financial situation in Greece since they joined Germ- I mean, Europe?

You said some waffle about european puppets running europe.
Those countries have always been in Europe... Europe is a geographic fact.
Original post by Napp
You said some waffle about european puppets running europe.
Those countries have always been in Europe... Europe is a geographic fact.

Europe is run by a select few unelected beurocrats. The puppets are the rest of the EU parliament. I'm not talking about geography lol
Reply 55
Europe is run by a select few unelected beurocrats. The puppets are the rest of the EU parliament. I'm not talking about geography lol

No, not it isnt.
Of course they are... have you got anything to back up your conspiracy theory other than your word for it?
Then say what you mean, Europe is a geographic entity.
Original post by Napp
No, not it isnt.
Of course they are... have you got anything to back up your conspiracy theory other than your word for it?
Then say what you mean, Europe is a geographic entity.

Oh it's not is it? Since you seem to know, care to share who it's run by and explain to us how they were elected?

Spoiler

Reply 57
Oh it's not is it? Since you seem to know, care to share who it's run by and explain to us how they were elected?

Spoiler

In case it had escaped your notice you literally had an election for the EU the other month.
Then say EU, not Europe.
Original post by Napp
In case it had escaped your notice you literally had an election for the EU the other month.
Then say EU, not Europe.

Yes that election definitely shook up the composition of the parliament, but the EU commission remains unchanged. Apparently their next undemocratically elected leader is one of Merkel's cronies, do we even know his/her name? Did we vote for them? No
Reply 59
Yes that election definitely shook up the composition of the parliament, but the EU commission remains unchanged. Apparently their next undemocratically elected leader is one of Merkel's cronies, do we even know his/her name? Did we vote for them? No

Yes, because I’m not ignorant
You also didn’t vote for your current government, let alone the fact we’re about to have an unelected prime minister on top of that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending