The Student Room Group

FBI Profiler

Hi,
I live in the uk and have finished my GCSEs. I am studying Applied science in college and then psychology in university.
I want to move abroad to become an FBI profiler
I have an interest in understanding why people commit crimes and how they hide it.
Most criminals and murderers go unnoticed because they fit in with society or know how to manipulate others.
I know there is more to Behaviour Profiling and criminal profiling than what I have just mentioned.
I know a lot of people will be thinking that I should focus on the present, but I need to plan my future.
So do you think I should criminology with psychology BA Honours And then Criminology with Forensic Psychology MSc
Thanks in advance
Original post by RM0603
Hi,
I live in the uk and have finished my GCSEs. I am studying Applied science in college and then psychology in university.
I want to move abroad to become an FBI profiler
I have an interest in understanding why people commit crimes and how they hide it.
Most criminals and murderers go unnoticed because they fit in with society or know how to manipulate others.
I know there is more to Behaviour Profiling and criminal profiling than what I have just mentioned.
I know a lot of people will be thinking that I should focus on the present, but I need to plan my future.
So do you think I should criminology with psychology BA Honours And then Criminology with Forensic Psychology MSc
Thanks in advance

Those university courses sound as though they'd be very well-suited to what you'd like to do.

When you say you're studying applied science in college - are there any other things you're studying alongside it?
If psychology A Level is something accessible to you then I'd recommend doing it, but there are plenty of psychology courses at university that don't require A Level.

Just check when researching psychology courses that they've been accredited, and try not to go for any courses that aren't. :yy:

If you want to do more research into secret service criminal profiling then perhaps have a look at these:
https://www.mi5.gov.uk/careers
https://www.gchq-careers.co.uk/index.html
(edited 4 years ago)
Thanks for the advice,
I don’t feel like I need to do A levels as most colleges are happy with BTECs
I have had a look into the web links you have send me, and there isn’t much of a variety.
I would probably finish uni and then work for police or in prisons for a few years and then relocate to the U.S to become an FBI Agent.
Original post by 04MR17
Those university courses sound as though they'd be very well-suited to what you'd like to do.

When you say you're studying applied science in college - are there any other things you're studying alongside it?
If psychology A Level is something accessible to you then I'd recommend doing it, but there are plenty of psychology courses at university that don't require A Level.

Just check when researching psychology courses that they've been accredited, and try not to go for any courses that aren't. :yy:

If you want to do more research into secret service criminal profiling then perhaps have a look at these:
https://www.mi5.gov.uk/careers
https://www.gchq-careers.co.uk/index.html
Original post by RM0603
Thanks for the advice,
I don’t feel like I need to do A levels as most colleges are happy with BTECs
I have had a look into the web links you have send me, and there isn’t much of a variety.
I would probably finish uni and then work for police or in prisons for a few years and then relocate to the U.S to become an FBI Agent.

The qualifications themselves aren't the be-all-and-end-all but the subject content and the knowledge you'll gain from studying psychology at this level is important.
What is the total of what you'd like to do at college?
3 years in college
BTEC Level 2 In Applied Science (1 Year) - Equivalent To GCSEs
BTEC Level 3 In Applied Science (2Years) - Equivalent To 3 A Levels
Original post by 04MR17
The qualifications themselves aren't the be-all-and-end-all but the subject content and the knowledge you'll gain from studying psychology at this level is important.
What is the total of what you'd like to do at college?
Reply 5
Original post by RM0603

Forget qualifications for a moment, have you actually looked at the requirements to become an FBI agent, like relevant work experience? Residency? Having US citizenship?
Yep, I have looked at the requirements

I have family in America
I will apply for green card and visa when I’m 18
Hopefully U.S residency won’t be an issue
And before going to America I am going to work as a forensic psychology for a decade or so.
I’ve got it all planned
Original post by Surnia
Forget qualifications for a moment, have you actually looked at the requirements to become an FBI agent, like relevant work experience? Residency? Having US citizenship?
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending