The Student Room Group

Grade improvements

Hi,
Just wondering do people do better in year 13 than they do at the end of year 12?
Yes, plenty of people do better at the end of year 13, and some do worse. It all depends how hard you work in year 13 and cope with the slightly more advanced work.
Original post by mattlcfc
Hi,
Just wondering do people do better in year 13 than they do at the end of year 12?

sometimes yes sometimes no (sometimes people do worse...)
I would say unless something different changes in terms of teaching, revision, work ethic etc, a similar result is most likely.
Reply 3
Is the content much harder? Surely you’d take year 13 exams more seriously
This absolutely happens! I went up 3 grades in one of my subjects during year 13 :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by katie091000
This absolutely happens! I went up 3 grades in one of my subjects during year 13 :smile:

I’m currently tracking around BCC which isn’t the best so I really hope so

If you want to improve your grades, then don't just hope they go up, do something about it. You have plenty of time to improve your grades.

Come up with a strategy on how you will ensure you understand all the content, and improve in exams!
They’re not bad grades at all:smile: I think you can definitely do it- it’s a lot of hard work but I gave everything I could to the subject I wanted to improve in
Reply 8
Original post by katie091000
They’re not bad grades at all:smile: I think you can definitely do it- it’s a lot of hard work but I gave everything I could to the subject I wanted to improve in

Yeah, I just don’t know what the average progression is to be fair. Like how much people improve from year 12-year 13?
I don't know what the average is, but I would guess the average is that people stay about the same or improve/go down a grade. However, applying an average to one person doesn't mean very much. If you worked hard you could absolutely go up three grades, lots of people do every year.
Yeah, I just don’t know what the average progression is to be fair. Like how much people improve from year 12-year 13?
I didn't find the work in year 13 much more difficult at all. However, people who did maths said that year 13 was much harder, so I guess it just depends on the person/subjects. I also had a friend who fell behind in chemistry in year 12 and then has found year 13 very difficult because they did not have a grasp of the fundamental/basic knowledge from AS.
Is the content much harder? Surely you’d take year 13 exams more seriously

Quick Reply

Latest