The Student Room Group

Team Fortress 2 Thread!

Just thought this could work, to see how many people are out there that still play this timeless classic!
If you still play (that's great!)
If you don't what made you quit?

Anyone actually play Competitive?
Still trading?
or just play for the Wackiness in casual!

I guess I made this for discussion about the game and what you think will happen to the game in the future !:redface:
Reply 1
Was a big favourite of mine back in the day. Still occasionally play

-Although I never did competitive, the gameplay moments with prof. level players were always way too hardcore for my liking
-Trading went the way of the dodo after the authentication/holding system came into place, as well as the crash of certain items in the economy. Was always fun back in 2011 when I was a young teen though
-Occasionally pop on casual when I have the time, it's usually a blast

-I think the future of the game isn't so great, obviously - the player count will continue to decrease, the trading economy will be nothing (but items will be very cheap to purchase), more different game opportunities will become available, there will be a bigger gap between really good and new players (which is terrible for new players or players who don't play so often such as myself), possibly hacking will overrun the matchmaking system when valve give up updating it to combat it, and finally content updates will be purely what the community contributes (as it has been for sometime and it hasn't really delivered that much in my opinion)
(edited 4 years ago)
I feel really sad now the game is getting neglected, like avg 40k players but valve won't do sh*t then they update artefact which has 300 avg players
I joined in 2016 so I never experienced the best parts and I remember jungle inferno and how it was so fun
I used to play 666 all the time with a team and we just messed around and did what we pleased
I used to trade but now it's hopeless (52 ref for a key???)
I play competitive only really, though I main medic because I can't aim :/
I think everyone who played/plays wants it to thrive but I guess it won't :frown:.....
I've guess I've moved on, I went from tf2 to cs to siege now back to my raging hatefulled game of war thunder which some how I desipes but love at the same time

Looks like you had lots of fun too!
Original post by Ben878 (LfL)
Was a big favourite of mine back in the day. Still occasionally play

-Although I never did competitive, the gameplay moments with prof. level players were always way too hardcore for my liking
-Trading went the way of the dodo after the authentication/holding system came into place, as well as the crash of certain items in the economy. Was always fun back in 2011 when I was a young teen though
-Occasionally pop on casual when I have the time, it's usually a blast

-I think the future of the game isn't so great, obviously - the player count will continue to decrease, the trading economy will be nothing (but items will be very cheap to purchase), more different game opportunities will become available, there will be a bigger gap between really good and new players (which is terrible for new players or players who don't play so often such as myself), possibly hacking will overrun the matchmaking system when valve give up updating it to combat it, and finally content updates will be purely what the community contributes (as it has been for sometime and it hasn't really delivered that much in my opinion)
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by OllyDaws
I feel really sad now the game is getting neglected, like avg 40k players but valve won't do sh*t then they update artefact which has 300 avg players
I joined in 2016 so I never experienced the best parts and I remember jungle inferno and how it was so fun
I used to play 666 all the time with a team and we just messed around and did what we pleased
I used to trade but now it's hopeless (52 ref for a key???)
I play competitive only really, though I main medic because I can't aim :/
I think everyone who played/plays wants it to thrive but I guess it won't :frown:.....
I've guess I've moved on, I went from tf2 to cs to siege now back to my raging hatefulled game of war thunder which some how I desipes but love at the same time

Looks like you had lots of fun too!

Comp sucks you're not missing out on much, for me personally the lack of seriousness is what kept me playing for 6 years and at nearly 2k hours. Valve has given up on artifact now.

Don't bother with low tier trading its a waste of time now, nothing like it was back in before 2015, jump straight into unusual trading (just avoid unusual taunts) if you're interested in trading. Or if you have the money high tier, plenty of quicksells on marketplace.tf that you can snatch up.
Original post by JoelBigSmokeTea
Comp sucks you're not missing out on much, for me personally the lack of seriousness is what kept me playing for 6 years and at nearly 2k hours. Valve has given up on artifact now.

Don't bother with low tier trading its a waste of time now, nothing like it was back in before 2015, jump straight into unusual trading (just avoid unusual taunts) if you're interested in trading. Or if you have the money high tier, plenty of quicksells on marketplace.tf that you can snatch up.

I've given up on trading, i got to a point where i didn't want for people to come buy my Unusuals or hop on servers for ever
i got up to a reasonable level, i think i was worth $180 at one point
i actually hardly play now which is kinda disappointing ( i dont even have 1000 hour:s-smilie:)

Though im making a 3d model which ill print of the payload cart
Ahhh mate. I loved this game. I used to play this competitively when it first came out, 12 years ago now ....

God I'm so old :frown:
I guess it will go down as one of the classic games of the 21st century, wish i played earlier than 2016 :frown:
Original post by Evil Homer
Ahhh mate. I loved this game. I used to play this competitively when it first came out, 12 years ago now ....

God I'm so old :frown:
I have 15 hours in the game and mainly play as Soldier. I don't play that often and it's unsurprising given how few hours I have in the game, but I'm pretty terrible at it (I can usually expect to get two deaths per kill per match).

I play a lot of Capture the Flag on Turbine and 2Fort (although the 2Fort matches always take forever...) I haven't paid for Competitive yet as I'm always broke and spend my money on new games most of the time.
you should defiantly play more! with only 15 hours i'd recommend messing around with other mercs
i have 800+ hrs and i only really started to find a merc i'd main but i'll probably move on to another one soon
Original post by GreenCub
I have 15 hours in the game and mainly play as Soldier. I don't play that often and it's unsurprising given how few hours I have in the game, but I'm pretty terrible at it (I can usually expect to get two deaths per kill per match).

I play a lot of Capture the Flag on Turbine and 2Fort (although the 2Fort matches always take forever...) I haven't paid for Competitive yet as I'm always broke and spend my money on new games most of the time.

Quick Reply

Latest