The Student Room Group

Buckingham medicine 2020 entry

Hi!! So I am planing on applying to the University of Buckingham for the medicine course and was wondering if anyone had some insight into what studying there is like and how competitive getting in is?
Also, while filling in my application (which I am yet to complete) I noticed they asked many specific details one of wish is what other universities I'm applying to. I know it sounds silly but through the UCAS no other universities are aware of where else you are applying and its kind off the same for other universities overseas, anyone knows what they need this information for?

Thank u :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by frustratedTeen
Hi!! So I am planing on applying to the University of Buckingham for the medicine course and was wondering if anyone had some insight into what studying there is like and how competitive getting in is?
Also, while filling in my application (which I am yet to complete) I noticed they asked many specific details one of wish is what other universities I'm applying to. I know it sounds silly but through the UCAS no other universities are aware of where else you are applying and its kind off the same for other universities overseas, anyone knows what they need this information for?

Thank u :smile:

I was wondering the same. They do say it won't effect the decision but why do they need to know where else one is applying.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey, has anyone heard back from Buckingham yet for the 71A8 Medicine program?
Hi, have you heard back from Buckingham yet? Is this for the medicine program?
Reply 4
I'll be starting in January 2020. Got a place last year but deferred
Did you do A levels. If so what were your grades if I may ask

Original post by Canta28
Reply 6
No I'm a graduate so it was my degree that they looked at .
Original post by Anonymous
Did you do A levels. If so what were your grades if I may ask
Ok cheers. How many days after interview do they reply
Reply 8
Original post by Canta28

I am a international student. How easy of difficult the interview at University of Buckingham for Medical admission.
I'm an international student as well. I'm still in the process of figuring out what my 4th school of choice is and recently looked into University of Buckingham. They were recently accredited in May 2019 so I'm not too sure how established their program is or what the requirements for international students are. I already have a degree and was wondering if their still going to consider GCSE/A levels. I also did not see any requirements for UCAT/GAMSAT/BMAT, do they even need these?
Reply 10
It was fairly standard MMI style and very closely related to the advice they give you when they invite you for the interview. It was 10 stations I think assessing different qualities . I wouldn't say it was easy but I enjoyed the fact that each station was kind of a fresh start and some of the tasks more enjoyable than a traditional panel interview .
Original post by vikus
I am a international student. How easy of difficult the interview at University of Buckingham for Medical admission.
Reply 11
The entry requirements page on the website has all that information . Check this document out for information
https://medvle.buckingham.ac.uk/pluginfile.php/24/course/section/10/MB%20ChB%20entry%20requirements%202020%20.pdf

AWhen I applied in 2017 they mainly used my degree to assess my academic ability but I have a UK degree so check out your country .

As far as entrance exams go , they don't have any unless that has recently changed . You have to attend a selection day tho .
Original post by alysidferns
I'm an international student as well. I'm still in the process of figuring out what my 4th school of choice is and recently looked into University of Buckingham. They were recently accredited in May 2019 so I'm not too sure how established their program is or what the requirements for international students are. I already have a degree and was wondering if their still going to consider GCSE/A levels. I also did not see any requirements for UCAT/GAMSAT/BMAT, do they even need these?
Thank you for the link! I have an American degree so I'm sure it counts towards the same 4 year GEM programme. What exactly happens during selection day?
Original post by Canta28
The entry requirements page on the website has all that information . Check this document out for information
https://medvle.buckingham.ac.uk/pluginfile.php/24/course/section/10/MB%20ChB%20entry%20requirements%202020%20.pdf

AWhen I applied in 2017 they mainly used my degree to assess my academic ability but I have a UK degree so check out your country .

As far as entrance exams go , they don't have any unless that has recently changed . You have to attend a selection day tho .
Reply 13
You have a MMI style interview which is basically 8 to 10 stations with different tasks lasting about 5 to 10 mins each. After this you have a tour of the medical school .
Original post by alysidferns
Thank you for the link! I have an American degree so I'm sure it counts towards the same 4 year GEM programme. What exactly happens during selection day?
Is university of buckingham good for medicine and generally because i haven't heard of it that much
Reply 15
It is first independent medical school in UK. The first batch graduated last month and the medical school now has GMC accreditation.
Can they accept ABB coz maths edexcel didn’t go too well
Reply 17
please check their med school site or write to them.
yes this explains why they don't have much information about past batches because their a fairly new medical school. Does anyone else have more info about their acceptance rates and other stats?
I just checked the link and I meet the GPA requirement. What can we expect from the MMI's? What is Buckingham's style of teaching and do you enjoy it?
Original post by Canta28
You have a MMI style interview which is basically 8 to 10 stations with different tasks lasting about 5 to 10 mins each. After this you have a tour of the medical school .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending