The Student Room Group

Favourite Spiderman Film?

Poll

Favourite Spiderman Film?

There's been a lot and the spider train never stops...

Scroll to see replies

Into The Spider-Verse 100%
I still need to watch Into the Spider-Verse & Far From Home, but Tom Holland has been the best Spider Man by far.
Reply 3
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
I still need to watch Into the Spider-Verse & Far From Home, but Tom Holland has been the best Spider Man by far.

Same situation and I agree. I'm watching it tomorrow though.
Original post by Bio 7
Same situation and I agree. I'm watching it tomorrow though.

The mrs is out with her friends tonight so I'm planning on watching Into the Spider-Verse, won't watch Far From Home until it's out of cinemas.
Worst is Sp3. Btw Toby Maguire is reputed to be Mr X if you ever watch Mollys Game.
Couldnt quite get on board with spiderverse, good but not blown away. Might watch again.

I think they are of their time. Also the directors mean they always need a different slant /refresh on the character.
Reply 7
I went with Homecoming. Had such a lovely charm/scale for the character.
Reply 8
Original post by 999tigger
Worst is Sp3. Btw Toby Maguire is reputed to be Mr X if you ever watch Mollys Game.
Couldnt quite get on board with spiderverse, good but not blown away. Might watch again.

I never found Toby charismatic, his voice sounded quite dull and boring.
Aunt May is horrible in 2 and 3. Uncle Ben always annoyed me.
Spiderman is a bit homophobic in the arena scene, that hasn’t aged well.
Lots of scenes and ideas are just plain goofy.
We don’t need to discuss 3, we all know why that’s an abomination.

The trilogy is overrated. There are some good moments but I enjoyed them a lot more as a child.

The amazing Spiderman 1 I can barely remember, but I didn’t like it much.
2 was so muddled in its story and felt like it was made to set up at least another 2 films it just didn’t work.

Homecoming is my favourite so far but I’m seeing FFH tomorrow and it sounds brilliant. Tom Holland is my favourite Spiderman/Peter.
So far Homecoming, I love Tom Holland and he fits the character so well. His boyish looks and the humor just works.

I've yet to see Far From Home though.
Original post by Bio 7
I never found Toby charismatic, his voice sounded quite dull and boring.
Aunt May is horrible in 2 and 3. Uncle Ben always annoyed me.
Spiderman is a bit homophobic in the arena scene, that hasn’t aged well.
Lots of scenes and ideas are just plain goofy.
We don’t need to discuss 3, we all know why that’s an abomination.

The trilogy is overrated. There are some good moments but I enjoyed them a lot more as a child.

The amazing Spiderman 1 I can barely remember, but I didn’t like it much.
2 was so muddled in its story and felt like it was made to set up at least another 2 films it just didn’t work.

Homecoming is my favourite so far but I’m seeing FFH tomorrow and it sounds brilliant. Tom Holland is my favourite Spiderman/Peter.

Very close to the comic though, hence it was a very big hit. Always the same with films in polls that the ones in recent memory gets a massive advantage.
Reply 11
Haven't seen Far From Home.

Spider-Verse > Spiderman 2 > Homecoming > Spiderman > Spiderman 3 > The Amazing Spiderman > The Amazing Spiderman 2
1.Into the Spiderverse: One of the best animated movies and one of the best superhero movies of the last few years, definitely the most original of the latter. Definitely stands apart as the best Spiderman movie.

2. Homecoming: Did an excellent job of establishing MCU's Spiderman with the best portrayal of Peter Parker while making a small scale premise feel genuinely important. Also one of MCU's better villains

3. Far From Home: A great exercise in character development for Peter as both a hero and as a kid, and did a great job of solidifying Spidey's power level within the wider MCU. The plot was pretty predictable but it was still well done and an excellent villain to boot.

4. Spiderman 1 & 2: Actually pretty good "light" superhero films, which there weren't a whole lot of prior to the MCU. They've not aged fantastically since Marvel Studios shifted the benchmark by several miles, but they're still enjoyable.

5. Spiderman 3: Fell off the rails compared to the first two, but not terrible if you blur out the dance scene.

5. The Amazing Spiderman 1 & 2: A great portrayal of adult Parker wrapped in two really crappy Spiderman films. Both felt dated on release, with the second one especially being utter grabage.
Reply 13
So I saw Far From Home. Liked it a bit better than Homecoming, but not as much as Spiderman 2. That's mainly a stylistic thing though; MCU films often feel a bit messy/cluttered to me and this was no exception. It's a solid 4 star film imo, with some really interesting visual stuff, a fun villain and a nice character arc for Peter.
Not seen into the spiderverse, but i 'd say far from home is my favourite even though i managed to guess the plot quite easily.
Reply 15
Original post by claireestelle
Not seen into the spiderverse, but i 'd say far from home is my favourite even though i managed to guess the plot quite easily.

Sometimes I feel like seeing twists coming can actually make someone like a film more, provided that it's actually otherwise good. In this case, a reasonable familiarity with the Spiderman comic characters gives the game away; I think the filmmakers even expect the majority of people to know what's going on. If I recall correctly there was one study that found that people tend to report higher enjoyment of mystery stories when they are given the twist/ending before reading, which is quite interesting.
Original post by math42
Sometimes I feel like seeing twists coming can actually make someone like a film more, provided that it's actually otherwise good. In this case, a reasonable familiarity with the Spiderman comic characters gives the game away; I think the filmmakers even expect the majority of people to know what's going on. If I recall correctly there was one study that found that people tend to report higher enjoyment of mystery stories when they are given the twist/ending before reading, which is quite interesting.

not for films but with tv i certainly spoil things a fair bit and i do think i enjoy it just as much if not more so that is very interesting :smile:
i agree

Watched Into the Spider-Verse over the weekend, and it's a visually amazing film, but I think I still preferred Homecoming.
i did actually like the portrayal of peter and gwen stacy in the amazing spiderman films, but the execution of the films wasn't the greatest:redface: not too sure how i felt about the spiderman trilogy, cinematically it's probably better than amazing spiderman but wasn't too keen on the depictions of spiderman or mj there.
having watched ffh today, i still think into the spiderverse is the best film:yep: ffh and homecoming come a very close second and third respectively. tom holland fits the role of spiderman so well, can't wait to see his future ventures.

Quick Reply

Latest