The Student Room Group

Internet people. Do you care about what people say/think of you?

I mean people online, most of whom you’ve never met. I actually do care a bit. Not a lot but definitely a little bit. I guess it depends what forum/Facebook group.

Scroll to see replies

Online I couldn't care less. However in real life I sometimes take it personally.
Original post by beeninetytwo
I mean people online, most of whom you’ve never met. I actually do care a bit. Not a lot but definitely a little bit. I guess it depends what forum/Facebook group.
I care immensely. I have severe confidence issues so what people think about me affects me a lot. I try to ignore it, but it still matters.
I like to think I don't. tbh tsr is the only place I am online (apart from twt but I have my hoes there who love me dearly and I them so that's a safe place) and since it's anon here idgaf.
Reply 4
Yes, although people don't really say much about me.
Same. However, I still care about how people perceive me. I really need to stop, if one cannot be free with anonymity I am not sure what the use of being on TSR even is.
Original post by batter mix
I like to think I don't. tbh tsr is the only place I am online (apart from twt but I have my hoes there who love me dearly and I them so that's a safe place) and since it's anon here idgaf.
Getting name called or criticised on the DM comment section is an achievement. #TheyFallForAlmost Everything.
(edited 4 years ago)
Only people I care about on here.
Try going offline and hanging out with people irl. It'll make you realise that people who dk **** about you and still judge are you worthless and not your time and effort. In fact, give yourself a week and you'll forget about all these people you think you know and what they think of you.

Original post by math42
Yes, although people don't really say much about me.

I think it's absolute fab that you are a math major! :congrats:
No. If I did I wouldn't be so open online (especially TSR) about my mental health, sex/love life, and all the mistakes I've made over the years. I know a lot of what I say portrays me negatively but hey it's the truth.
Reply 10
Don't care at all what anyone online thinks, and I only really care what close friends and family think in real life.
Original post by Andrew97
Only people I care about on here.
:ditto:
I don't bring emotion to the table when online and rarely in real life so no, I don't care whatever people say to me, it's simply a statement I don't question it I just read it and move on, I just don't let it get into my head.
No.

People need to stop being so sensitive.
If I talk to them regularly and we kind of have a good friendship, then yeah I care a little bit, but not that much.
Original post by beeninetytwo
I don't care what they think of my image. But with other things, it just depends.
No, they're insufferable troglodytes.
I was ready to :mob: until you said the last sentence. :tongue:
Ofc not.

I only care what my pet turtle thinks and I don't even have a pet turtle.
Reply 19
Don't look for reputation among others, but I still have some care about what I write 'cause that's just who I am. It would eventually be boring if I sprawled crap everywhere and didn't really think about things

Was gonna say, thinking of what other people think doesn't exactly come into play when they've got an account dedicated to that, lol

Quick Reply

Latest