The Student Room Group

Should I Transferring or not?

I am a first-year student studying at Leeds Beckett University and would like to transfer to the University of Manchester to do the Y2. Now I am holding the unconditional offer from UoM, but that's for year one entry, which means I am going to do the first year again. Should I go to Manchester uni or just staying at Leeds Beckett? I don't want to waste one more year at education. is it worthy?

meanwhile I wanna ask everyone, is ranking really important?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Lynne-
I am a first-year student studying at Leeds Beckett University and would like to transfer to the University of Manchester to do the Y2. Now I am holding the unconditional offer from UoM, but that's for year one entry, which means I am going to do the first year again. Should I go to Manchester uni or just staying at Leeds Beckett? I don't want to waste one more year at education. is it worthy?

why are you want to switch exactly?
Reply 2
What course?
Was wondering the same thing about diff uni’s
Reply 4
teaching and education(BA) at LBU to the English Language for Education(BA) at UoM
Original post by Shonacg
What course?
Reply 5
i wanna do some meida related major and i love mcr this city. and higher ranking, but I am not sure the future employer will see graduated uni or not.
Original post by claireestelle
why are you want to switch exactly?
Original post by Lynne-
i wanna do some meida related major and i love mcr this city. and higher ranking, but I am not sure the future employer will see graduated uni or not.

are you hoping to become a teacher or is it something else you want to do careers wise?
Reply 7
Overall, UoM has higher ranking as one the members of Russel Group. And the career provided is not bad.

LBU is much more cheaper n practical. N the course design for Filmmaking is really cool. The northern film school of LBU is kiss ass - in the building of Electric Press.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by claireestelle
are you hoping to become a teacher or is it something else you want to do careers wise?

Actually I wanna do some media studies. I talked to my tutor yesterday, and she said I could change the course into Filmmaking(BA) within LBU.

At the same time, BBC is one of the top employer of the major I chose in Manchester. (English Language for Education)

In terms of major, I prefer Filmmaking. But we can’t deny UoM actually has higher ranking as one of the member of Russel Group
Reply 9
Original post by thomasp360
Was wondering the same thing about diff uni’s

What r u studying or what u gonna study?

Quick Reply

Latest