The Student Room Group

Chest pain

This afternoon my chest started hurting out of nowhere. It only hurts when I’m at the end of my breath in (so when I breathe I’m deeply). And the pain comes from the back off my chest.

The only things I can think of are that I’ve been really stressed over the last few days. And also I cleaned my room just before this started, and it’s very dusty, and I have a severe dustmite allergy.

Anyone have any ideas about what’s happened? And if I should get medical help.

Because it’s painful to breathe in completely I’m only able to take shallow breaths.
Hey this has happened to me a couple of times when im ill or when a fever is coming on. It could be that you have a chest infection? If it continues and you still have it tomorrow then something could be wrong not seriously though hopefully because there could be a lot of reasons so i do recommend going to hospital or doctors. This also happened to my brother but got worse and worse and turns out that he had actually tore a muscle and thats why it was hurting so bad. The hospital told him to just relax and stuff so even if this is the case its not serious. I hope everything is okay and if it continues defo get it checked 😊
Reply 2
Thank you. I’m not too worried about it.
Original post by Sumah0499
Hey this has happened to me a couple of times when im ill or when a fever is coming on. It could be that you have a chest infection? If it continues and you still have it tomorrow then something could be wrong not seriously though hopefully because there could be a lot of reasons so i do recommend going to hospital or doctors. This also happened to my brother but got worse and worse and turns out that he had actually tore a muscle and thats why it was hurting so bad. The hospital told him to just relax and stuff so even if this is the case its not serious. I hope everything is okay and if it continues defo get it checked 😊
Not a doctor, so I would see one, but

https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/lungs-and-airways/pleurisy

Sounds like pleurisy.
Reply 4
It’s feeling a lot better today so I won’t bother unless it continues and doesn’t go away completely. Thank you
Original post by Going Back
Not a doctor, so I would see one, but

https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/lungs-and-airways/pleurisy

Sounds like pleurisy.

Quick Reply

Latest