The Student Room Group

Failed theory test

Hi, so last week I gave my theory test and I passed it 47/50.

I failed the hazard perception part of the test though and I don’t understand why. I booked the resit for tomorrow but I don’t feel ready at all?

I’ve been doing lots of practise clips, on some clips I score 5/5 and others 0/5 because I’ve clicked too soon or the hazard presented was completely obscure. I don’t feel ready at all and it feels like it’ll just be a hit or miss again.

I’m just looking for some encouragement or has anyone else been through the same and has any advice?

Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by sammyj97
Hi, so last week I gave my theory test and I passed it 47/50.

I failed the hazard perception part of the test though and I don’t understand why. I booked the resit for tomorrow but I don’t feel ready at all?

I’ve been doing lots of practise clips, on some clips I score 5/5 and others 0/5 because I’ve clicked too soon or the hazard presented was completely obscure. I don’t feel ready at all and it feels like it’ll just be a hit or miss again.

I’m just looking for some encouragement or has anyone else been through the same and has any advice?

Thank you

Hi can I ask what app you use to study for theory it’s because I’m soon going to do my theory and don’t know how to revise for it? Just practice questions and hope for the best!
Reply 2
The official DVSA theory test kit app
Reply 3
The official DVSA theory test kit app

The one you pay for £4.99
Reply 4
Original post by halsx11
The one you pay for £4.99

That's a good app.

Honestly, if you fail the hazard perception, then you're definitely not ready to drive at all. It's not about "clicking too soon" or "too late", it's when there's an actual hazard that you can spot and the dangers that come from it. It's definitely the easiest thing for majority of the people that take the test.
Original post by Xarao
That's a good app.

Honestly, if you fail the hazard perception, then you're definitely not ready to drive at all. It's not about "clicking too soon" or "too late", it's when there's an actual hazard that you can spot and the dangers that come from it. It's definitely the easiest thing for majority of the people that take the test.

Not true- some people just haven’t been instructed properly on what is and isn’t a hazard they should click for. Also some people click only once for each hazard in fear of clicking too many times and being disqualified, when actually this can mean you don’t get a click within the window of scoring even if you did recognise the hazard.

It’s a bit much to say someone isn’t ready to drive at all based on a simulated, automatically scored test.
Reply 6
Original post by stimtothesky
Not true- some people just haven’t been instructed properly on what is and isn’t a hazard they should click for. Also some people click only once for each hazard in fear of clicking too many times and being disqualified, when actually this can mean you don’t get a click within the window of scoring even if you did recognise the hazard.

It’s a bit much to say someone isn’t ready to drive at all based on a simulated, automatically scored test.

Clicking too many times only penalises you when you do it in rapid successions, which no one should be doing. Also I completely disagree, if you can't recognise a hazard based on a stimulation, that in itself creates a hazard scenario for you, you're definitely not ready and thank god people like OP have no choice but to pass that.
Reply 7
Original post by Xarao
Clicking too many times only penalises you when you do it in rapid successions, which no one should be doing. Also I completely disagree, if you can't recognise a hazard based on a stimulation, that in itself creates a hazard scenario for you, you're definitely not ready and thank god people like OP have no choice but to pass that.

I passed with 63/75!

The problem is not that I’m not able to spot hazards but I was spotting them before the computer and was therefore scoring 0 on certain clips.
Congratulations! That’s what I thought might be happening cause I kept doing it in my mock tests- good luck for your practical :smile:
I passed with 63/75!

The problem is not that I’m not able to spot hazards but I was spotting them before the computer and was therefore scoring 0 on certain clips.
Original post by Xarao

I think you misunderstood my point. Anyway, the proof seems to be in the pudding. Have a nice day :smile:
I passed with 63/75!

Congratulations 🎊🎊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending