The Student Room Group

Tommy Robinson to ask for ‘emergency political asylum’ in US

Wow, there is not enough irony in the world to go around here...

British activist Tommy Robinson will reportedly ask for political asylum in the United States after a UK High Court found him guilty of contempt, for which he could face jail time.
Robinson is expected to make the request through media appearances on Fox News and Infowars this week, according to conservative journalist Paul Joseph Watson, who says the activist feels his life is

On Friday a British High Court found Robinson guilty on multiple counts of contempt, linked to a 2017 incident wherein the activist filmed criminal defendants outside of a courthouse in violation of an official reporting restriction. Robinson insists he did not share any information that wasn’t already part of the public record, but the court nevertheless returned a guilty verdict. He now faces up to two years in jail.in danger.

Last year, Robinson was denied a travel visa and prevented from meeting with US lawmakers in Washington DC, and was previously arrested in the UK for falsifying a passport. It is unclear whether his asylum request would be approved.
A co-founder of the English Defense League (EDL), an organization hostile to both Islam and immigrants in the UK, Robinson has provoked controversy with his activism and videos, including his filming of so-called “no-go zones,” or areas of British communities he says Muslim immigrants have taken over. Though he has disavowed the EDL and “rightwing extremism,” critics still slam Robinson for spreading fear of refugees and asylum seekers, even as he possibly becomes one himself.

https://www.rt.com/uk/463687-tommy-robinson-us-asylum/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tommy-robinson-trump-asylum-us-infowars-alex-jones-contempt-case-a8996166.html

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I just can't help but cringe myself when that idiot does stuff like this, not even Trump would accept that idiot I am telling you
I'm sure Stephen is well aware of the US' tough stance on immigrants with criminal records and fully supports their policy in this area - right? :biggrin:
bwahahaha why the hell would they want a chav over there? delusional
Lol I hope they take him.
Still waiting to see what judgement is.
Grrrrrrrrrrr, those bloody asylum seekers.
Honestly tho, I kinda want him to gtfo of the UK. Probably will be more peaceful without him.
It's unlikely, but I'd be grateful if the USA took Robinson, 5'3", off our hands.

Anyway, there was a time when threads on TSR about Robinson would be full of people defending him but now we get silence from them. I'd like to think that is because his apologists have finally woken up to his antics and realised what a self-serving little shite he is.
Reply 8
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
It's unlikely, but I'd be grateful if the USA took Robinson, 5'3", off our hands.

Anyway, there was a time when threads on TSR about Robinson would be full of people defending him but now we get silence from them. I'd like to think that is because his apologists have finally woken up to his antics and realised what a self-serving little shite he is.

I dunno, there’s still a fair number of pinheads who try and justify his criminality
:rofl3:
Do your time, tommeh

Original post by Heyysarah
Honestly tho, I kinda want him to gtfo of the UK. Probably will be more peaceful without him.

As nice as it would be for him to f*ck off into obscurity, it would take him about 25 minutes to be offered a cushy job as a pundit for Fox/Breitbart/Infowars and any other conservative outlet that aligns with his stance on brown people, and their audiences would lap it up. I'd rather see him stay here, imprisoned and disgraced.
Original post by The RAR
I just can't help but cringe myself when that idiot does stuff like this, not even Trump would accept that idiot I am telling you

the commander im peach would be stupid enough :lol:

yaxley is 5ft3 ?! I thought he was taller than that (then again, people in luton tend to be on the short side I guess)
As someone from luton, i know for a fact that other lutonians think yaxley is a joke. the dude is a football hooligan who directed his hooliganism against islam after a disgraceful display by terrorist supporting scum against british soldiers. I remember the early days of the EDL as the high school i went to in luton was predominantly white and I know for a fact how the early EDL supporters used to verbally and physically attack brown people (usually muslims but occassionally sikhs and hindus as well). he may try to deny everything, saying he wasnt involved in this and that but we all know he promotes violence and hatred. the sooner this guy is out of the news, the better
Original post by quasa
yaxley is 5ft3 ?! I thought he was taller than that (then again, people in luton tend to be on the short side I guess)

A little taller than that but the photo with Ederson made him look like a midget.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ederson-poses-tommy-robinson-didnt-14975625.amp
Reply 15
He may have not thought of this but were he to go transgender and that would leave his enemies confused as a newt, it would be a picture. :biggrin:
Original post by z-hog
He may have not thought of this but were he to go transgender and that would leave his enemies confused as a newt, it would be a picture. :biggrin:

I fear your wit is completely lost on everyone who has gone through puberty.

But do keep trying.
Original post by z-hog

Nah, I'm pretty sure most people acknowledge that transgender people can also be racist, football hooligans, or just generally a bit of a prick.

Although the change in style would probably give him a better shot of sneaking into the US than that time he got caught attempting to get in on his mate's passport.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 18
I fear your wit is completely lost on everyone who has gone through puberty.

But do keep trying.

Oh, you're just an old man who takes all this far too seriously.
I pick option C. Accidentally leave him in the middle of Savo wilderness and let him preach hate to brown (oops, there he goes again) bears and inbred farmers who consider ”iron tools” a state of the art invention. #tehdäsavopronssikausiuudeleen #feedtommehtoabrownbear
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending