The Student Room Group

Best accommodation at Birmingham?

Can’t decide what’s the best accommodation to go for at Birmingham uni. Also I don’t know if I should go catered or self-catered... any suggestions?
Original post by wordsandroses
Can’t decide what’s the best accommodation to go for at Birmingham uni. Also I don’t know if I should go catered or self-catered... any suggestions?

Hey - You're spoilt for choice in Birmingham! BCU have their own halls of residence but most of these are with external providers such as Student Roost & Unite Students. If you look outside of these you will also find a ton more across the city - Within 1 mile of BCU you have Bentley House, Penworks House, Studios 51, Lucas Studios & The old Fire station! They all have their own unique selling points so i would suggest giving them a call or popping in if you can :smile: This way you will get a feel for the accommodation, the people running it and you may find they have something you didn't even know you wanted! I work at Bentley House so if you want to pop in for a chat we can show you around or give us a call on 01212013870!
Hope this helps :smile:
Jess
Handsworth, Smethwick, Lozells, Aston.

Just a few places I recommend :smile:
Reply 3
Ahh are these Birmingham city? Sorry I meant university of Birmingham
Ahh are these Birmingham city? Sorry I meant university of Birmingham

Hey - No problem, UOB is located a little further away. They have their own uni halls which are ran by the university and the closest you will get to campus :smile: Private accommodation providers within 1 mile of UOB are Brook Studios & Edge Apartments which are run by Hello Student. You can stay at any of the other sites i suggest above but you will need to jump on the bus to get to campus!
Hope this helps
Jess
Reply 5

Hey have you found accommodation
Reply 6
Original post by Lakhi96
Hey have you found accommodation

No I just put down a selection and we’ll see in August aha
hi, just wanted to say that If you haven't found an accommodation yet I have one that I no longer need to be gone ASAP. you can find out about the room here: https://www.unipads.co.uk/component/propertylab/showproperty/53 If you like what you see message me on here and perhaps we can set something up.
No I just put down a selection and we’ll see in August aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending