The Student Room Group

Tell be about a hobby you particularly enjoy

Scroll to see replies

Video games
Scrubs
Comics
Marvel
Hot chocolate
Comics sound like a fun way to relax. I used to nick my friends' Viz comics. Also I used to like Cor! comics but that is making me sound old!!!!
Original post by Glaz
Video games
Scrubs
Comics
Marvel
Hot chocolate
Yes, I do like singing
Dare we ask @Themysticalegg
What your hobbies are?
I love reading, writing, I'm learning new languages at the moment (I can speak Spanish), going for walks, swimming, baking, sleeping, eating and volunteering at a local dog shelter and small zoo in my free time.
Earing is defiantly a hobby
Cooking
Reading
Hiking
Gigging + Clubbing/Pubbing
Learning Mandarin, currently at intermediate level (trying to become multilingual to accompany English and Cantonese) and attempting to learn Python.
Gym with a bias to cardio. Got a 10km race in just over 2 weeks time. Gonna go running before my graduation gotta work hard! :biggrin:
Reading - Recent reads include the works of Haruki Murakami and a book on the Falklands War. I also read the Financial Times and the London Evening Standard on the daily.
Going on walks to random places on the weekend. :tongue:
Might as well bring up something that hasn't been mentioned here or is very unlikely going to be brought up.

Gunpla, or gundam plastic model kits. Unlike your usual kits these don't have to glue together and paint (unless you want to give your mecha a nice finish). Quick easy to build, and excellent results even if you have hardly any experience in the field of modelling. All you need is nippers, a craft knife and patience. They're also in most cases very solid, they won't be falling apart but if you are really concerned about that get hobby cement (which costs about £3-5) it'll will fix that. Oh and did I mention they're very pose able (although again it varies from kit to kit).

I own about 5 kits, out of all of them my personal favorite is the rg freedom gundam. It has folding wings that spread out, railguns, armour that shifts independently up and down depending on how you pose the legs or arm, and two beam sabers that form into one.
(edited 4 years ago)
Arabic calligraphy :smile:
A 15-minute walk every day.
Workouts ( Calisthenics ) 4 times a week

Basically, those are my hobbies.
Painting/drawing
Creative writing/Poetry
An avid reader
Fitness - a runner
Baking (only because I love eating)
Eating
Sleeping
Crying

The last three are added to make me appear as an intellectual.
(edited 4 years ago)
How could I forget, I also collect feathers. :rofl:
Hi Burrito!

i would have never guessed you like the gym! Which kind of poetry do you like? Do you write your own?
I like photography, I’m not that good at the moment but I have the whole summer to improve

A4ADCF2C-C1CC-4C67-A280-A9311593F989.jpg.jpeg

I also really like going to the gym, I go for about 3 hours a day and it’s really fun and therapeutic

I Like a lot of things really
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 35
Everyone here with their productive hobbies while I'm just here with naff all. Nice.
Reply 36
I enjoy astronomy - Jupiter and Saturn are amazing at the moment. I also quite like gardening as well nowadays, mostly trees, herbs and vegetables.

I think psychologically they're quite similar. They're about doing something, creating something or experiencing something for yourself that you might otherwise just buy from a shop or see in a book.
Reply 37
Original post by Tootles
I'm bored and have to fill my time with something :lol: I do Greek mostly at the moment, but I'm quite competant in Latin and French, some German, and I can understand some Spanish. I've dabbled in Hebrew but haven't given it the attention I should have done. When I wrote my first novel I studied the reconstructed Proto-Indo-European language so I could accurately write some dialogue between people who hadn't evolved in ~20ky. Had a go at conlanging (making up my own lanaguage, because it's something fantasy writers apparently do) once, but after spending about six hours trying to work out the basic phonology realized it was a huge job that I couldn't give as much time to as it needed. One day :moon:

Thank you :cute: I hope she will.

Gardening is actually very easy. If it belongs there, leave it; if it doesn't, take it away. Make sure the soil's moist ( :colone: ) and there's nothing blocking the sunlight. I'm growing tobacco at the moment, and it grows like a fricken weed. Dittany and wormwood also grow wonderfully, even in the shoddy weather we get up north.

How are you with overdubbing (recordings)? Folk rock is always good, and if you wrote some of your own material you could put some stuff up on BandCamp or something?

My recording skills are.. basic, to say the least! I had a bit of a head of steam with it maybe 4 or 5 years ago but then I sort of lost interest when work took over and all the momentum was lost. Silly of me, looking back!
Thanks
Yes 😊
Original post by Oxford Mum
Lots of lovely hobbies there. Do you act in your local drama club? Lots of fun to be had there. My boys used to act and sing in village pantos. I can remember once my elder son was in panto and some fifty something women in the seats in front were leering at him. I turned round and said (mock offended) "oi, that's my son!". They shut up straight away.
Reading - non fiction and fiction
Gym - lifting weights mainly atm. I want to get more into bodyweight stuff and stretching soon.
Getting into drawing also trying to learn the fundamentals atm.
Video games

In my 2nd year of uni I am hoping to take up acting and a martial art

Quick Reply

Latest