The Student Room Group

Failed 2 modules in the 3rd year

I failed 2 modules for 3rd year, both of these are core modules and both are 2 of the hardest modules I've done since I started, I was just wondering what would normally happen if I was to fail these exams again? Are 3rd attempts allowed? I'm confused
are you at Nottingham Trent
It depends on your university regulations and may also dependant on your individual course regulations as well

Is this your final year ?

As they are core modules there will not be any option for a condoned pass. In fact many universities would not even give you an opportunity to retake and I doubt very much you would get a 3rd attempt.

I am afraid if you don't pass you probably would not get your degree ( if this is your final year) as you will not her enough credits

You need to talk to your personal tutor ASAP. IS there any mitigating circumstances ?
Original post by AsianInvasion98
I failed 2 modules for 3rd year, both of these are core modules and both are 2 of the hardest modules I've done since I started, I was just wondering what would normally happen if I was to fail these exams again? Are 3rd attempts allowed? I'm confused
Third attempts are usually allowed, but often the recommendation to repeat the year is more likely. I would consider failing out and repeating the year.

How are you going to be employable with a 3rd?

Still looks bad on your CV that you spent four years doing a three year degree but you need at least a 2:2 or you will literally have wasted all your time. I just can't imagine ever failing at uni, much less in third year! Pretty irresponsible.
Original post by AsianInvasion98
How is any of that helpful?

Sneering at someone who has failed something is not a good look- You might not be able to "Imagine ever failing at University" but people do for all sorts of reasons . You have no idea of the circumstances so stop judging.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Third attempts are usually allowed, but often the recommendation to repeat the year is more likely. I would consider failing out and repeating the year.

How are you going to be employable with a 3rd?

Still looks bad on your CV that you spent four years doing a three year degree but you need at least a 2:2 or you will literally have wasted all your time. I just can't imagine ever failing at uni, much less in third year! Pretty irresponsible.
A little kick in the hind end and some tough love never hurt anyone. It's a totally fair and balanced statement. No excuses OP needs to get it together and power through. Why waste all this time?

And why try to graduate with a bad mark when it can be avoided. Further, if you realise you may fail why not start reading independently about what your options are.

Personal responsibility...is a key to survival, maybe that's the German-American ethic in me.
Original post by Anonymous

Sneering at someone who has failed something is not a good look- You might not be able to "Imagine ever failing at University" but people do for all sorts of reasons . You have no idea of the circumstances so stop judging.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous

It’s typical TSR this sort of bashing, it makes people feel better about themselves. It does nothing to help OP’S situation at all. OP I would speak to your personal tutor as soon as possible then see what the next best thing to do is, you may have to repeat a year like another commenter suggested unfortunately.
repeating the year actually gives OP the best opportunity to save his grade, rather then having two grades capped at 40% destroying his classification, likely 20 credits. I don't see how that isn't a logical or valid point. I'm a stable mid 2:1 student so not the best either but i'm looking at the situation from a logical and in the self interest of OP standpoint everyone else here is too scared to elude to.
Original post by RandomTennisfan
It’s typical TSR this sort of bashing, it makes people feel better about themselves. It does nothing to help OP’S situation at all. OP I would speak to your personal tutor as soon as possible then see what the next best thing to do is, you may have to repeat a year like another commenter suggested unfortunately.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
repeating the year actually gives OP the best opportunity to save his grade, rather then having two grades capped at 40% destroying his classification, likely 20 credits. I don't see how that isn't a logical or valid point. I'm a stable mid 2:1 student so not the best either but i'm looking at the situation from a logical and in the self interest of OP standpoint everyone else here is too scared to elude to.

Ok, that maybe the case but the wording could have been better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending