The Student Room Group

Birmingham Applied Maths MSc Personal Statement

Hi everyone,

I'm writing a personal statement for the Birmingham Applied Maths MSc. I scored at least 70% in all but two of my undergrad modules, but unfortunately one bad module (45% lol) is quite relevant to what MSc modules I'd like to do.

I looked on the Prospect website for advice about personal statements, and they recommended that you address any glaring bad grades, but when I try to, it sounds like I'm making a lot of flimsy excuses. Does anyone have experience of this, and would they bother mentioning bad grades in the PS?

Thank you for your help : )
It's Birmingham, not exactly COWI. You'll have no problem getting in.
Reply 2
Okay thanks. But out of interest, in any personal statement (maybe even for COWI), do people usually mention reasons for a one off bad grade or not?
Original post by Telllo
Okay thanks. But out of interest, in any personal statement (maybe even for COWI), do people usually mention reasons for a one off bad grade or not?

No point unless you had extenuating circumstances. Focus on why you are interested in the MSc rather than your grades.
Reply 4
Original post by WarwickMaths281
No point unless you had extenuating circumstances. Focus on why you are interested in the MSc rather than your grades.

Okay, thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending