The Student Room Group

What degree are you taking/planning on taking?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by hobicorn
Psychology and neuroscience sounds so fascinating, but I doubt I'd be smart enough to even consider studying something so complex! How are you finding the degree?

its so interesting i enjoy it so much even though its hard work. i was worried about taking neuro joint honours but i really think anyone can study anything if they're interested in the field. it's all about motivation and applying yourself more than anything else. i absolutely cannot do maths for the life of me and yet here i am two years in having passed my stats module each year! if i can do it anyone can haha
MA Public Policy
Doing it out of interest part time. :biggrin: Absolutely do not need it currently.
I’m going to Queens Uni in Belfast this September to start Psychology BSc 🤗
i don't know if i'm allowed to post here as i've already graduated, but it was in cell biology/biochemistry.

i was extremely lucky to have benefited enormously from it as biology really is a useless subject unless you want to do a PhD and go into academia. the only subject more useless is psychology.
Ahh well.... I’m looking forward to getting my teeth into the psychology course anyway 😆
Original post by A Rolling Stone
i don't know if i'm allowed to post here as i've already graduated, but it was in cell biology/biochemistry.

i was extremely lucky to have benefited enormously from it as biology really is a useless subject unless you want to do a PhD and go into academia. the only subject more useless is psychology.
Reply 25
I read 3x philosophy degrees
LLB Law at the University of Sheffield. Loving it so far :h:
I'm in year 11 but I'm considering law, forensic science or environmental science (taking biology, chemistry & english lit at a-level).
Original post by RainbowIceCream
Ahh well.... I’m looking forward to getting my teeth into the psychology course anyway 😆

you'll be fine just make sure you do work experience every single summer, (working behind a bar is even better than something psych related unless it's an official internship)... a weekend job would be good too if you can manage it on top of everything else
Cambridge natural sciences would be the dream.
Good Luck! Do you think Southampton is up there as one of the best Uni's for Physics? Equal to Warwick?
Original post by Sinnoh
Finished A-levels, waiting for results day :bebored: if I get the grades it's physics at Imperial, if I get slightly worse grades then physics at Southampton.
For most of year 12 I was pretty certain I wanted to do aerospace engineering, which is actually why I chose those two unis initially

What do you do now?
Thank you- hopefully fingers crossed 🤞🏻

you'll be fine just make sure you do work experience every single summer, (working behind a bar is even better than something psych related unless it's an official internship)... a weekend job would be good too if you can manage it on top of everything else
Reply 33
Original post by particle_01
Good Luck! Do you think Southampton is up there as one of the best Uni's for Physics? Equal to Warwick?

Thanks! As it happens I did apply to Warwick and Birmingham too. I chose Southampton because they had nice course options - specifically, I applied there for Physics with Space Science, which just generally seemed more interesting - since I'd abandoned doing aerospace engineering (but still liked the idea of doing it) I thought it was a nice compromise - I'd learn about orbital mechanics, spacecraft design, space physics, stuff like that. Warwick didn't seem to have that.

Comparison is difficult and I had a hard time weighing Southampton up against Warwick at one point. I'd been rejected from Cambridge and if I didn't get into Imperial I was trying to decide whether I'd firm Warwick, firm Southampton (which had the lowest offer at AABC, so an insurance would be pointless). However, I never intended to have Warwick be my insurance because it was A*AA.
If I had wanted to go down a more purely physics-oriented course programme, or maths with/and physics, I'd have gone for Warwick.
Thank you. Well hopefully Insurance option won't be needed
Original post by Sinnoh
Thanks! As it happens I did apply to Warwick and Birmingham too. I chose Southampton because they had nice course options - specifically, I applied there for Physics with Space Science, which just generally seemed more interesting - since I'd abandoned doing aerospace engineering (but still liked the idea of doing it) I thought it was a nice compromise - I'd learn about orbital mechanics, spacecraft design, space physics, stuff like that. Warwick didn't seem to have that.

Comparison is difficult and I had a hard time weighing Southampton up against Warwick at one point. I'd been rejected from Cambridge and if I didn't get into Imperial I was trying to decide whether I'd firm Warwick, firm Southampton (which had the lowest offer at AABC, so an insurance would be pointless). However, I never intended to have Warwick be my insurance because it was A*AA.
If I had wanted to go down a more purely physics-oriented course programme, or maths with/and physics, I'd have gone for Warwick.
yh tsr is like my only source of online communication:dong: My parents think social media will lower my academic performance:s-smilie:
Original post by Anonymous
Year 8, bloody hell, that's a record.
Reply 36
Original post by Meowgi256
Hoping to apply for Oxford for Mathematics. Also looking at Imperial, UCL, Bristol, and Exeter.

What's your ambition?
Reply 37
Original post by entertainmyfaith
hoping to do psychology at cardiff university or st andrews:smile:

What grade are you in now?
Reply 38
Do you want to learn Chinese?
Original post by MinaBee
I do Spanish and Japanese :groovy:
Reply 39
I’m going to be applying for geography at Bristol, Durham, Edinburgh and St Andrews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending