The Student Room Group

What shall I eat for dinner tonight?

I'm trying to eat less meat, especially when cooking for myself at home - which means more yummy veggie and fish meals for me!

However, I'm stuck in a rut. And I'm still hungry as lunch was not enough for my hollow pit of a stomach and now I'm dreaming of food. Anyone got any great pescatarian recipes out there that I might want to eat tonight? If I choose your recipe, i'll even take a photo and stick it up here tomorrow :biggrin:
I always love good couscous salad with feta, cucumber, olives and salad leaves. its low cal and really fills you up :smile:
Get on the stirfy with brown rice and make a yummy satay sauce using crunchy peanut butter, lime, tamari, chilli and ginger - so good. I also add basil... SO GOOD! Can you have soy? Could add some tempeh?
Reply 3
Mushroom, baby corn, peas, onion, egg noodles and soy sauce as a stir fry.
Fish pie - fish and veg in a white or cheese sauce, topped with mashed potato, top that with cheese and cook in the oven until the cheese melts and goes golden brown :-) You can portion it up and freeze it for other meals, depending on how much you make :-)
Fish and chips
Original post by powerpuff674
I always love good couscous salad with feta, cucumber, olives and salad leaves. its low cal and really fills you up :smile:

Feta and olives... always a winner!

Original post by She-Ra
Get on the stirfy with brown rice and make a yummy satay sauce using crunchy peanut butter, lime, tamari, chilli and ginger - so good. I also add basil... SO GOOD! Can you have soy? Could add some tempeh?

:coma:

Original post by Bio 7
Mushroom, baby corn, peas, onion, egg noodles and soy sauce as a stir fry.

Love a good stir fry!

Original post by samanthani
Fish pie - fish and veg in a white or cheese sauce, topped with mashed potato, top that with cheese and cook in the oven until the cheese melts and goes golden brown :-) You can portion it up and freeze it for other meals, depending on how much you make :

Mmmm... fish, cheese, potato - what's not to love?

Original post by fish finger fan
Fish and chips

I actually love fish and chips! Good shout
mcdonalds
Reply 8
Falafel and hummus wrap with plenty of salad
Could try making cauliflower rice?
Original post by StrawberryDreams
I'm trying to eat less meat, especially when cooking for myself at home - which means more yummy veggie and fish meals for me!

However, I'm stuck in a rut. And I'm still hungry as lunch was not enough for my hollow pit of a stomach and now I'm dreaming of food. Anyone got any great pescatarian recipes out there that I might want to eat tonight? If I choose your recipe, i'll even take a photo and stick it up here tomorrow :biggrin:

Hey, Im a vegetarian and my fave meal to have with the family is quorn chicken fajitas! You basically make the fajita kit but swap chicken for quorn :smile: Its very yummy!
Sophia
Fish fingers :love:
an eel
Reply 13
Egg fried rice.
This recipe specifically:

Just swap out the ham for some other seafood or quorn pieces.
Steak with peppercorn sauce in restaurant with my best friend
Original post by Glaz
Fish fingers :love:

Prsom

Quick Reply

Latest