The Student Room Group

Bye TSR xo

Scroll to see replies

A genuine, large smile overtook my face reading that. Truthfully Harrysbar, your generosity and kindness knows no bounds.
Original post by harrysbar
Chanel will look out for you and so will I.

I wouldn't say TSR is toxic exactly, but there are some people on here who are very abrasive and seem to want to argue with others for no real reason. You can find yourself getting into the most ridiculous arguments that go against all common sense, and sometimes you have to make a conscious effort not to get sucked into other people's negativity. I have reported people for turning a debate into a personal attack and they generally start crying about being reported, saying the people they offended must have been "snowflakes." Quite ironic really :rolleyes:

It seems fitting here to mention what my father says about people like that, "a blind man thinks the whole world is blind".

Personally, I am not afraid of arguments. I thought the OP was referring to something much more unpleasant. Thank you for the reassurance.
Original post by 999tigger
There are community rules. Read them and if you feel people have crossed the line then report them.
There is no filtering about who can join so some people come on here without the best of intentions.
I wouldnt be unduly worried, but where it turns personal then report them or someone starts sending you DMs that are unwanted.
You can block people as well.

Be cautious about those using anonymous and those whose accounts are very new or have very few posts,
Mostly it should be fine.
I cant comment on what princess is referring to, but dont let a few idiots who think they can get away with personal attacks or whatever has gone on, put you off.

Thank you for the advice, Tigger.
That's ok - you have to remember that the vast majority of people on TSR are on it for the right reasons like @999tigger and myself - we may enjoy debating topics and don't always see eye to eye with everyone (or even each other) but it never gets nasty. No one should feel bullied on TSR and I have always found the mods to be very good at stamping out that sort of behaviour
you tagged me?
people are just toxic but people like me have got your back whenever boo 😊 i’m only one callll awayyy i’ll be there to save the dayyyy superwoman got nuttin on me. i’m only uno call away
Original post by harrysbar
That's ok - you have to remember that the vast majority of people on TSR are on it for the right reasons like @999tigger and myself - we may enjoy debating topics and don't always see eye to eye with everyone (or even each other) but it never gets nasty. No one should feel bullied on TSR and I have always found the mods to be very good at stamping out that sort of behaviour

Hmm. Forgive me if I find that slightly hard to believe, judging by the conversations you had with my sister. :wink:
I did, I was so terrified at the very thought of toxicity that I needed some shine to chase away the darkness of my thoughts. I was rescued by the sight of a Diamond.
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
@LostLioness you tagged me?
tsr is not a good place to go on everyday and sometimes you got to distance yourself babes. i am here to rescue you from the darkness :angelwings:
:rofl: The right reasons could be for having a laugh as well as for the occasional serious post
:redface: bye!
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
tsr is not a good place to go on everyday and sometimes you got to distance yourself babes. i am here to rescue you from the darkness :angelwings:

I feel so safe, Diamond. Thank you for volunteering to be my guardian angel. In return I promise that even though I might be a lost cause, my canines are still sharp enough to bite off any finger pointed in your way. x

Spoiler

Oh please, don't try to boil this down to 'arguments'. She told me what happened and its definitely far from a bloody argument. There are very manipulative people on this website that's all I'll say, if I named them you wouldn't even believe me - proves how good they are at what they do.
Original post by Fermion.
I remember you from 2017 :smile:

I left for a while too cos this site became really toxic. Hope to see you again soon

I vaguely remember you from that time period and the ordeal you went through. That was completely disgusting especially since they were not reprimanded for delving into your personal life. Its easy to say TSR hasn't changed, except it might have as it's the same people back then that are affecting people today.
Original post by AcadeMia.
Oh please, don't try to boil this down to 'arguments'. She told me what happened and its definitely far from a bloody argument. There are very manipulative people on this website that's all I'll say, if I named them you wouldn't even believe me - proves how good they are at what they do.

I want to meet these manipulative people
Original post by TaintedLight
I want to meet these manipulative people

Unfortunately I'm not at liberty to say anything else. I should however correct my statement to say they were on this site, I don't believe they hold a full account anymore, only throwaways, from what I recall.
beye, i do hope you come back in the near future
Original post by OhGod
The fact that you see annoymous people on a forum as your ‘friends’ is really, really sad. Get a life. Go outside

You sound very judgemental, it’s not necessary to judge people just because they are different to you
People are bullies and the moderators can’t do anything about it except for ban their accounts but they always keep making new ones and sit there trying to make you second guess yourself until you spiral into depression and actually think about killing yourself.

However I left before I started feeling that way :smile:
It’s a joke isn’t it. Luckily I’m a much stronger person than back then and I know not to get sucked into the negativity. If it happens again I will again remove myself from the equation. X
Original post by AcadeMia.
I vaguely remember you from that time period and the ordeal you went through. That was completely disgusting especially since they were not reprimanded for delving into your personal life. Its easy to say TSR hasn't changed, except it might have as it's the same people back then that are affecting people today.
What I would say is that the only way to fight the negativity is be here to spread a mature vibe across the site by promoting a good set of debating rules that actually make debates worthwhile rather then insult throwing matches.

Quick Reply

Latest