The Student Room Group

Which look looks better on men?

1) Suit trousers with formal shirt tucked in with monk strap shoes/brogues/loafers. No jacket.

2) Dark navy jeans with formal shirt tucked in with monk strap shoes/brogues/loafers. No jacket.

Would love to hear your opinions :smile:

Thanks!
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The 2nd one
Reply 2
Original post by Mariya 21
The 2nd one

Thanks for your help. Is there any reason why jeans look better than suit trousers do you think?
Second one, I always consider suit as formal, which is fine but jeans seem more everyday wear.

Though I suppose it depends on the occasion.
Original post by calm12345
1) Suit trousers with formal shirt tucked in with monk strap shoes/brogues/loafers. No jacket.

2) Dark navy jeans with formal shirt tucked in with monk strap shoes/brogues/loafers. No jacket.

Thanks!

Depends on the guy. People suit different things.
i like the 1st better
Reply 6
Thanks for your reply. Don’t you think suit trousers look a bit odd without a suit jacket?
Original post by Obolinda
i like the 1st better
Reply 7
Original post by MidgetFever
Second one, I always consider suit as formal, which is fine but jeans seem more everyday wear.

Though I suppose it depends on the occasion.

Thanks for your reply and I’m just talking about everyday wear.
no
Thanks for your reply. Don’t you think suit trousers look a bit odd without a suit jacket?
Thanks for your reply and I’m just talking about everyday wear.

would prefer jeans for everyday wear personally
I'm gonna say the 2nd cos I do the second as everyday wear but with shoe lace brogues and a peacoat. A belt and a watch might add to the look too!

Thanks!
Reply 11
Thanks for your reply. A good belt is essential any good recommendations? What’s your opinion of the 1st look do you think it looks a bit odd without the suit jacket?
Original post by Themysticalegg
I'm gonna say the 2nd cos I do the second as everyday wear but with shoe lace brogues and a peacoat. A belt and a watch might add to the look too!
Reply 12
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
would prefer jeans for everyday wear personally

Me too would you switch to suit trousers if you were going to a few nice bars in the evening or still stick with jeans?
first one cos suits are sexy
Me too would you switch to suit trousers if you were going to a few nice bars in the evening or still stick with jeans?

for formal, would much rather prefer suit trousers, look a bit sharper, up to you though :smile:
Reply 15
Haha thanks for your reply. But in the first look it’s just the suit trousers without the suit jacket. Will it still look sexy?
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
first one cos suits are sexy
Haha thanks for your reply. But in the first look it’s just the suit trousers without the suit jacket. Will it still look sexy?

oh no it wouldn’t
Reply 17
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
for formal, would much rather prefer suit trousers, look a bit sharper, up to you though :smile:

Fully agreed
Lol, depends on the person and on the occasion too
Reply 19
So you’d opt for the jeans with formal shirt look then?
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
oh no it wouldn’t

Quick Reply

Latest