The Student Room Group

failed my first year of uni

I have always been struggling with exams in school/college. I am a first year Nursing Student at University. I have managed to pass all my exams and placement but i am struggling academically. I have failed 4 assignments so far and its mostly because of my referencing and grammar. I have contacted people who I can talk to from university and booked an appointment for next week. I am concerned about what will happen next. Will I have to repeat the year or will i have to only repeat a module? Advice please as its very stressful for me at the moment.
Reply 1
If your struggling with gramma and referencing, have you tried using a spellchecker or third party proofreading application such as Grammarly?
Reply 2
Yes i have tried everything to make my assignments better but i am still struggling.
Original post by Deggs_14
If your struggling with gramma and referencing, have you tried using a spellchecker or third party proofreading application such as Grammarly?
Original post by Swatibabla
I have always been struggling with exams in school/college. I am a first year Nursing Student at University. I have managed to pass all my exams and placement but i am struggling academically. I have failed 4 assignments so far and its mostly because of my referencing and grammar. I have contacted people who I can talk to from university and booked an appointment for next week. I am concerned about what will happen next. Will I have to repeat the year or will i have to only repeat a module? Advice please as its very stressful for me at the moment.

Two common scenarios are that you may be offered resits in the summer, or you'll be asked to retake the year studying just modules you failed. There are also other scenarios too, but this will depend on the university and the course heads. It's hard to know for sure without asking the university, so you'll find out more specifically when you go to your appointment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending