The Student Room Group

gcse revision in the summer hols

what should I do in the summer holidays to help me with revision for year11 as I want to be getting 8s and 9s however my year 10 mocks were mainly 5s, 6s and 7s
do a bit yeah it’ll help
Reply 2
ew, revision in the summer holidays. I wouldn't go all out in the summer, I wouldn't even go all out until February/March, but if you want to do summer revision I would gather and make notes, you'll thank yourself when it comes down to real hardcore revision (I don't say this from experience, I didn't start revision at all until April, great move I know...)
Original post by The Mogg
ew, revision in the summer holidays. I wouldn't go all out in the summer, I wouldn't even go all out until February/March, but if you want to do summer revision I would gather and make notes, you'll thank yourself when it comes down to real hardcore revision (I don't say this from experience, I didn't start revision at all until April, great move I know...)

nobody said all out did they you tory
Reply 4
I didn't say anyone had said it, I was simply advising not to go all out. What is with the hostility, no need.
Original post by Wonderwall99
nobody said all out did they you tory
tell that to Jacob
Original post by The Mogg
I didn't say anyone had said it, I was simply advising not to go all out. What is with the hostility, no need.
Reply 6
I see no one has any real advice here lol. I'm stuck in the same situation. In fact, because of the area where my school is the quality of teaching and organisation of our curriculum is terrible. I went from a 9 in English to a 7 and I've been doing constant revision of 4 hours a day on average (weekdays, 6 on weekends). There's a lot of reasons for that but I'm scared now as I've barely gone from a 4 to a 5 in Maths and despite coming from some crappy town near Wolverhampton, going to a crappy public school I'm aiming for Cambridge. So in these 6 weeks I want to create a revision plan but also include some stuff for self development. So I'm reading 'Jung's Map of the Soul' (psychology book) and I'm following productivity youtubers such as: Rowena Tsai (my fave), Ana Masacra (practical psychology studying tips), Unjaded Jade, Eve Bennet, Eve Cornwell, Jack Edwards etc. But I also want to leave time to go out with friends (and keep up with my fave band BTS lol). Also, maybe work more on your hobbies? Leave time to work on yourself as well as revision. But I think I'm going to do 6 hours a day (if I can maintain the motivation), and every third day do like 10. But it's about the quality of your revision, not the amount of time you spend sitting there so idek. Maybe check out some youtubers who've done their exams etc.
I'd say probably 6 hours a day
Catch up on all your notes from year 10, and pre-read the content for year 11

Quick Reply

Latest