The Student Room Group

Can you be happy single?

Is it possible to be happy when your single ??

Scroll to see replies

Yes, I am very happy to be single now after a tumultuous relationship!
Ofc! Happiness comes internally not externally.
Yes. I just keep fantasising about Michael
Abso-****ing-lutely.

Grow to become the best version of yourself and learn to love yourself :h:

Note: not single atm
(edited 4 years ago)
I find it kinda sad when someone feels like their life is incomplete without a companion. Why can't you be satisfied with just living your own life?
Single doesn't mean lonely and relationships do not mean happy.
I really wish people (including parents) could understand this.

If a female has no interest in a man and gets into a relationship, what are the chances of her really being happy?

I do feel you can be perfectly happy single. Although my family think otherwise.
Reply 7
Yeah sure, even though we're literally social human beings that feel for others and have specific functions to literally procreate or copulate, whatever.
I mean, I'm romantic and I'd always love a partner. THEN AGAIN, there are some hermits around that enjoy being single. Up to the person.
Yes when it is through choice.

If not one will be with you then no.
The keys to happiness, or at least contentment - according to some research - are

1. A high self esteem

2. The expectation that good things will happen in your future

So if you can maintain your self esteem and the belief that something good will happen in the future when you are single, then you will be happy enough. Not everyone can do this - especially after a devastating break up. Which is why some people's happiness depends on them being in a romantic relationship.
I am happy and single, but tbf I am working on not being single and hopefully being more happy.
another Dunnig Kruger classic. Not keen on being single tbh but happy about my life right now. I would rather be single than in an abusive relationship. All of my relationships have been toxic, so I am glad to shut my door and be able to do what I want to do, without intimidation.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
The keys to happiness, or at least contentment - according to some research - are

1. A high self esteem

2. The expectation that good things will happen in your future

So if you can maintain your self esteem and the belief that something good will happen in the future when you are single, then you will be happy enough. Not everyone can do this - especially after a devastating break up. Which is why some people's happiness depends on them being in a romantic relationship.
Original post by BraemarEwan

It is a matter of to cope with loneliness. I personally can't, I tried. I need someone around me.
Yeah I find people needing to be in a relationship quite pathetic
Original post by JamesManc
Yeah I find people needing to be in a relationship quite pathetic

Don't understand what is so pathetic about it. People should not force themselves to be in a relationship just because they are feeling so alone, if that makes them unhappy too, that is a view where I agree.
Reply 15
Original post by BraemarEwan

Yes ,but few people are!
Reply 16
Of course
I am happy being single.

However that doesn’t mean I don’t feel lonely. I do sometimes. But I’ve learnt to do things on my own and to try to enjoy my own company.
When it comes to relationships, know that self-love is always the stronger negotiating position.
PRSOM
Original post by Kallisto
Don't understand what is so pathetic about it. People should not force themselves to be in a relationship just because they are feeling so alone, if that makes them unhappy too, that is a view where I agree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending