The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sky.
Reply 2
Original post by joe goldberg
There’s a WC going right now and I don’t see many English people care about it even though England have done reasonably well in this tournament. What people don’t realize is that cricket is a lucrative career option now with all T20 leagues. If you’re talented or even if you’re not, you could still make a good living and be rich

It's a minority sport that few are interested in and that's only available on the subscription channels. Doing well in the WC doesn't change that. We won the T20 WC a few years ago, hasn't changed anything.
I know cricket should be on terrestrial television but the coverage of Sky is amazing and I don’t think BBC would do better than that and same about BT and ITV.
Original post by Drewski
It's a minority sport that few are interested in and that's only available on the subscription channels. Doing well in the WC doesn't change that. We won the T20 WC a few years ago, hasn't changed anything.

That has more to do with the fact that t20 WC used to happen ever 2 years and is not as prestigious as the flagship WC
Reply 5
Some of us do. Oddly enough for such a commoner, I was brought up with it and used to live in spitting distance of LCC
at Aigburth.
Reply 6
That has more to do with the fact that t20 WC used to happen ever 2 years and is not as prestigious as the flagship WC

Has more to do with the fact that English crowds are more traditional and prefer Test cricket.

The Ashes gets coverage. **** all else does.
I know cricket should be on terrestrial television but the coverage of Sky is amazing and I don’t think BBC would do better than that and same about BT and ITV.

Channel 4 used to have it. They were extremely good. They're what are now the sky team.
Cricket is quite fun to play, but incredibly boring to watch
Funny thing is that even though cricket is not that popular but still most of the players in age group teams are white.
Original post by JamesManc
Cricket is quite fun to play, but incredibly boring to watch

If you watch it regularly, you would never find it boring
Cricket is a sport people start watching when they've given up on life.
Funny thing is that even though cricket is not that popular but still most of the players in age group teams are white.

Do us all a favour and go learn something about demographics... :rolleyes:
Original post by Drewski
Do us all a favour and go learn something about demographics... :rolleyes:

Maybe they just like to play it and not watch
Hm. I'm quite surprised by the figures: less than a million viewers for England games. I've watched and enjoyed many of the matches so far. It hasn't helped that they're often on when people are at work but I try to keep up with progress on the BBC website. If we get to the final, all of a sudden there'll be a surge of people who've 'always been fans' :smile:
Cause it's f***ing boring.
I can understand people finding it boring because it’s long but I take it as a positive because you can do other things while watching a match as well
Maybe they just like to play it and not watch

They really don't
I can understand people finding it boring because it’s long but I take it as a positive because you can do other things while watching a match as well

Most people do indeed do other things while the cricket is on.

Like completely ignoring it.

I'm not sure what your obsession is, but you need to accept that cricket is a very very small sport in the UK that most people simply aren't interested in. Like tennis.
I go to cricket matches and everybody just drinks beer 😂
Original post by Drewski
They really don't

Most people do indeed do other things while the cricket is on.

Like completely ignoring it.

I'm not sure what your obsession is, but you need to accept that cricket is a very very small sport in the UK that most people simply aren't interested in. Like tennis.
Cricket is coming back to FTA for a day
I don't really understand this sport at all.
And i think there a lot of more interesting things.

Latest