The Student Room Group

I've fallen in love with one of my closest friends

OK so I've recently realised that I've fallen in love with one of my closest friends (let's call her M). I asked M to the school formal about a week ago and she said yes and it made me so happy. ever since then I've had a dream about her every night and I told my best friend and she said that I have a crush on M. today me, my best friend and M went to the cinema and I kept looking in the rear view mirror at M while she was driving and I sat beside her in the cinema and just sitting there made my heart flutter. She's everything I could want in a girl, funny, intelligent, beautiful, kind and loyal. I want to tell her but I don't want to ruin the friendship that we have. Btw we're both really awkward people. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?
It's a tough situation.

The only real course of action that can be taken is making a move. If you leave it you may well come to regret it later in life, wondering how things would've turned out if you had only said something. If you ask her and it ruins the friendship... It's a price you have to pay sometimes. One could make the point that if it were to ruin the friendship the two of you were never truly friends in the first place.
happened to me recently and now I've been in a relationship with my best friend of 3 years for 2 months. (which I know is a short amount of time, but its going to last, trust)

my advice? get drunk, be suggestive and flirtier than you would ever be and make a move. that's what worked with me!
worst comes to worst you can blame it on the alcohol, but im sure M would want you to make the first move.

also if you are also a girl, it might help to check if that's what she's into as well hahah

if your friendship is "ruined" by you making a move, reconsider whether it was really a good relationship to start with, and whether you were in it because you were infatuated of because you were actually friends. 9/10 these feelings are subconscious and extremely suppressed!!!

good luck !
Original post by JacktheJoker1989
OK so I've recently realised that I've fallen in love with one of my closest friends (let's call her M). I asked M to the school formal about a week ago and she said yes and it made me so happy. ever since then I've had a dream about her every night and I told my best friend and she said that I have a crush on M. today me, my best friend and M went to the cinema and I kept looking in the rear view mirror at M while she was driving and I sat beside her in the cinema and just sitting there made my heart flutter. She's everything I could want in a girl, funny, intelligent, beautiful, kind and loyal. I want to tell her but I don't want to ruin the friendship that we have. Btw we're both really awkward people. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?
Original post by aliciaalorenzo
happened to me recently and now I've been in a relationship with my best friend of 3 years for 2 months. (which I know is a short amount of time, but its going to last, trust)

my advice? get drunk, be suggestive and flirtier than you would ever be and make a move. that's what worked with me!
worst comes to worst you can blame it on the alcohol, but im sure M would want you to make the first move.

also if you are also a girl, it might help to check if that's what she's into as well hahah

if your friendship is "ruined" by you making a move, reconsider whether it was really a good relationship to start with, and whether you were in it because you were infatuated of because you were actually friends. 9/10 these feelings are subconscious and extremely suppressed!!!

good luck !

OK thanks. we've been friends for 6 years now and we go to the same school and I really want to make a move but your suggestion of getting drunk won't work for me because I don't drink lol. btw I'm a guy. thanks again
This sure is difficult because of all the uncertainties. But it's all about taking risks. If you think that she is worth the risk you are going to take, then I think it's the way to go. You can do it!
my bad! regardless - you should definitely make a move. maybe if you guys have been friends for that long, a whole declaration of your love is not a good idea, but you should lead up to it. drop not so subtle hints. she's a girl, she'll pick up on these. she'll welcome the move when the time comes!
good luck my guy x
OK thanks. we've been friends for 6 years now and we go to the same school and I really want to make a move but your suggestion of getting drunk won't work for me because I don't drink lol. btw I'm a guy. thanks again
Original post by aliciaalorenzo
my bad! regardless - you should definitely make a move. maybe if you guys have been friends for that long, a whole declaration of your love is not a good idea, but you should lead up to it. drop not so subtle hints. she's a girl, she'll pick up on these. she'll welcome the move when the time comes!
good luck my guy x

thanks will do :smile:
Reply 7
Couldn’t have said it better 👍🏾
Original post by TheMcSame
It's a tough situation.

The only real course of action that can be taken is making a move. If you leave it you may well come to regret it later in life, wondering how things would've turned out if you had only said something. If you ask her and it ruins the friendship... It's a price you have to pay sometimes. One could make the point that if it were to ruin the friendship the two of you were never truly friends in the first place.
Original post by TheMcSame
It's a tough situation.

your post has really helped me and I'm going to make a move sometime this week
If she ends the friendship then she was never a true friend, try and be open, but if she reacts badly then give her time and space to come to terms with everything, good luck
Reply 10

You dated her! What is wrong with you? Just stop thinking and tell her how you feel. You are not psychic. You dont know what she will say or think.

Tell her. You have to shoot your shot.
Original post by mgi
You dated her! What is wrong with you? Just stop thinking and tell her how you feel. You are not psychic. You dont know what she will say or think.

I didn't date her?
ask her out it's barely rocket science. if she says no she aint worth it. is she says yes she is most likely an idiot.
Reply 14
I didn't date her?

ok. You didnt technicslly date her but you went out with a friend and enjoyed her company. So now you need to mert face to face and invite her to go to the cinema with just you and have a meak afterwards. If not then you will be forever wishing that you had asked her for a date!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending