The Student Room Group

Said stuff I really shouldn't have

I fell out with Friend A over serious issues and at the time I was friends with a new person I considered my best friend, Friend B. Stuff happened and I realised that Friend B was not someone I could trust but I had already told her some pretty personal and bad things about Friend A but because of the way me and A fell out I didn't expect us to ever be in contact again. We did reconnect again and I wish I had never exposed their secrets to Friend A. We are supposed to go out tonight but Friend A doesn't know that I told Friend B all of these things about them and I'm worried Friend B will tell everyone these things about them in order to get back at me. (Which I personally think isn't fair because I only told Friend B the bad things about Friend A, not why A did them or all the things they went through that definitely impacted those decisions.) I'm going to tell Friend A but I don't know if it should be tonight because we are supposed to be going out in order to cheer me up because of external issues. But if I don't tell them today (I only remembered last night what I said to friend B) and then B tells everything to everyone, then A will have a bad reputation through no fault of their own. I had to block B and all my previous friends with them because the situation I found myself in with all of them made me extremely unhappy and I had to take myself out of it. I doubt if I suddenly message them to not say anything out of respect for A that they would listen. Any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So basically you gossiped about one of your friends to another and you're meeting up with them soon?

Why couldn't you just say that?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Xarao
So basically you gossiped about one of your friends to another and you're meeting up with them soon?

Why couldn't you just say that you imbecile?

Because I overthink and struggle to get my thoughts down into anything less then three pages long
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Because I overthink and struggle to get my thoughts down into anything less then three pages long

It's okay.

Anyway back to your question. Honestly speaking, I hope things don't turn out well for you. You intentionally spoke ill of one of your friends in order to create drama. The sad thing is, you did this the moment you stopped being friends with her and shared all her secrets to your "next mate". You're one of the worst type of people.
Reply 4
Original post by Xarao
It's okay.

Anyway back to your question. Honestly speaking, I hope things don't turn out well for you. You intentionally spoke ill of one of your friends in order to create drama. The sad thing is, you did this the moment you stopped being friends with her and shared all her secrets to your "next mate". You're one of the worst type of people.

I didn't want to create drama I wanted help. I didn't know what to do about A anymore and I was being pulled in two different directions. I told B because I thought they would understand.
Reply 5
I didn't want to create drama I wanted help. I didn't know what to do about A anymore and I was being pulled in two different directions. I told B because I thought they would understand.

That makes no sense at all. You're trying to justify gossiping and sharing secrets from your previous relationship that you had with your friend to a random person. You're the one that's not understanding.
Original post by Xarao

Why couldn't you just say that you imbecile?

I dunno. I don't think you're under obligation to keep the secrets of someone you've had a massive falling out with. Spreading them about would obviously have been sh!tty, but part of what it is to be best friends with someone is to share things - sometimes what others have told you.
Reply 7
Original post by Xarao
That makes no sense at all. You're trying to justify gossiping and sharing secrets from your previous relationship that you had with your friend to a random person. You're the one that's not understanding.

I'm really not try to justify it all and I understand what I did was wrong. It was really ****ed up and I shouldn't have and I'm planning on telling them but tonight means alot to them too so I don't know if I should tell them tonight or tomorrow.
I told B because I was in the middle of two people: person A and BF. My BF hated person A for reasons and A hated my BF for reasons which both made sense. I just wanted to ask someone who wasn't caught up in the argument so I explained both sides to B, told her the reasons for A and BF hating each other and asked her for help. I realise now I shouldn't have but I didn't know what to do, I felt like I was too caught up.
Reply 8
Original post by anythingyouwish
I dunno. I don't think you're under obligation to keep the secrets of someone you've had a massive falling out with. Spreading them about would obviously have been sh!tty, but part of what it is to be best friends with someone is to share things - sometimes what others have told you.

That is the most retarded logic I've ever heard in my life.

That's right, you're under no obligation to do so. But it sure says a lot about your character.
Reply 9
Original post by Xarao

That's right, you're under no obligation to do so. But it sure says a lot about your character.

I'm sorry
Reply 10
I'm sorry

I wasn't referring that to you silly.

In regards to you guys having an important night out today, just take it easy and enjoy the day. Only you can decide when is the right time though.

I just wanted help with a really big decision. It got to the point where BF and A were making me choose between them and I didn't know what to do anymore.
Original post by Xarao
I wasn't referring that to you silly.

In regards to you guys having an important night out today, just take it easy and enjoy the day. Only you can decide when is the right time though.

Your right. I just feel so bad. I didn't want to hurt anyone and in the end just I screwed A over.
Reply 13
Your right. I just feel so bad. I didn't want to hurt anyone and in the end just I screwed A over.

It's fine. Just learn from your mistake and rectify it when you think it's the best time to do so.
Original post by Xarao

Gosh, you sound reasonable. Pity the person who depends on your advice.
Original post by Xarao
It's fine. Just learn from your mistake and rectify it when you think it's the best time to do so.

Thank you, I'll try
Reply 16
Gosh, you sound reasonable. Pity the person who depends on your advice.

You should keep it down, they can hear you smashing the keyboard within the library bud.

Basic etiquette 101.
Original post by Xarao
You should keep it down, they can hear you smashing the keyboard within the library bud.

Basic etiquette 101.

Ah, it's you. Well, that explains it. You're some sort of forum nerd who gives their opinion on everything. Lol.
Reply 18
Ah, it's you. Well, that explains it. You're some sort of forum nerd who gives their opinion on everything. Lol.

I apologise if that hurt your feelings. Didn't realise you was a sensitive person.

Just a tip, don't throw comments at people if you can't take them yourself, little wallflower.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Xarao
I apologise if that hurt your feelings. Didn't realise you was a sensitive person.

Just a tip, don't throw comments at people if you can't take them yourself, little sunflower.

Lol, what are you talking about?! Have you constructed an image of me as some sort of socially inept recluse, and are responding accordingly? I'm actually starting to feel sorry for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending