The Student Room Group

Will Minecraft slow down my MacBook 2018 12 inch?

Macs aren't good for gaming afaik

It's not going to slow down your computer simply by being installed on it, that's not how it works.

This MacBook can supposedly run unmodded Minecraft fine at lower resolutions, exactly how well it runs depends on how you balance frame rate, resolution and your modding tastes. It's an extremely underpowered laptop though, for the same price you can get Windows machines that are still thin and light, but will proper processors and entry level GPUs that will give you far more headroom for gaming comfortably.
Reply 3
Thanks for reply. It’s because I already have this laptop but I’m hoping it’ll last for the next 5 years atleast. So would it be fine then getting it for MacBook? It’s cuz I have another cheap laptop but it’s much slower cuz I installed some games on it that it can’t handle.
Original post by asdf789
Thanks for reply. It’s because I already have this laptop but I’m hoping it’ll last for the next 5 years atleast. So would it be fine then getting it for MacBook? It’s cuz I have another cheap laptop but it’s much slower cuz I installed some games on it that it can’t handle.

Your old laptop won't be slower just because there are games installed on it, they're just bits of data on the hard drive. If they're not running, they're not using system resources.

If you want a laptop for gaming don’t buy any Apple laptop as they are terrible and not built for gaming
Minecraft can run off a toaster, you'll be able to run that easy.
Reply 7
No, it won't slow down your laptop. I've got an early 2015 model that can run minecraft 1.14 on optifine just fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending