The Student Room Group

Ielts language test

Hi guys,
I’m an Italian student. I’ve got a conditional offer from Westminster university. I’m so happy but i’ve Got a problem; I don’t have an IELTS certificate. . I’m wondering if I could take it after starting the university..
you have to take it asap. go to the ielts website and book the next ielts exam near you. i too have a conditional offer. i have already submitted an ielts certicate on the uni's portal. i passed everything except on writing. i am .5 short of the required grade. this ielts test is ridiculous. it's expensive, unreliable and can ruin someone's life. i booked another exam and i am hoping to get better grades. if i don't get the required grades on my second trial i don't know what i will do anymore. i will just continue work in the restaurant for life all because i forkin missed .5 in writing. i'm not even planning to become a writer nor an english. why is this required for nursing students is beyond me. this ielts should be abolished. i already accepted my offer. i hope i pass my next ielts. if not, welp. i hope universities do reconsider those applicants with near-miss ielts. it's just .5 difference :frown:
Reply 2
Ohw, I’m so sorry . . Never give up!

Anyway, have you applied for the student loan?

P.S. fingers crossed for both of us 🤞🏻
Original post by VeraSava
Ohw, I’m so sorry . . Never give up!

Anyway, have you applied for the student loan?

P.S. fingers crossed for both of us 🤞🏻

I am in the process. Even if I am not sure whether I'll meet the required grade lol
Original post by Anonymous
you have to take it asap. go to the ielts website and book the next ielts exam near you. i too have a conditional offer. i have already submitted an ielts certicate on the uni's portal. i passed everything except on writing. i am .5 short of the required grade. this ielts test is ridiculous. it's expensive, unreliable and can ruin someone's life. i booked another exam and i am hoping to get better grades. if i don't get the required grades on my second trial i don't know what i will do anymore. i will just continue work in the restaurant for life all because i forkin missed .5 in writing. i'm not even planning to become a writer nor an english. why is this required for nursing students is beyond me. this ielts should be abolished. i already accepted my offer. i hope i pass my next ielts. if not, welp. i hope universities do reconsider those applicants with near-miss ielts. it's just .5 difference :frown:

Hey!

I don’t think 0.5 will affect you. I am in the same situation, only I am applying for 2020 entry. I obtained a 6.5 in Writing, even though I am confident that what I wrote was correct. From (almost) all points of view.

I don’t trust them :smile:
Hey!

I don’t think 0.5 will affect you. I am in the same situation, only I am applying for 2020 entry. I obtained a 6.5 in Writing, even though I am confident that what I wrote was correct. From (almost) all points of view.

I don’t trust them :smile:

What do u mean it won't affect me? Basically I have received a conditional offer. The Ielts they want is at 6.5 per category and 7 overall. my result is 7,6.5,6,8.5 and 7overall. So i'm .5 short on writing.
i don't know if the admission team have already seen the certificate i uploaded.
but in panic, i immediately booked another ielts exam which i will take next week.
but if i fail to get the 6.5 in writing, im toast
What do u mean it won't affect me? Basically I have received a conditional offer. The Ielts they want is at 6.5 per category and 7 overall. my result is 7,6.5,6,8.5 and 7overall. So i'm .5 short on writing.
i don't know if the admission team have already seen the certificate i uploaded.
but in panic, i immediately booked another ielts exam which i will take next week.
but if i fail to get the 6.5 in writing, im toast

Do you think they will reject you for 0.5? I heard many cases when they didn’t. There are other parts in your applications. Plus... we all know how the IELTS works. I’m just saying... it’s just 0.5
Do you think they will reject you for 0.5? I heard many cases when they didn’t. There are other parts in your applications. Plus... we all know how the IELTS works. I’m just saying... it’s just 0.5

Really??? I hope this is true!!! Please tell me it's true!!
Really??? I hope this is true!!! Please tell me it's true!!

I think there are many factors to take into consideration, such as Personal Statement, grades, predicted grades, recommendation. But you could email the university, ask them about it.
Keep me posted! :smile:
Fingers crossed for you!!
Reply 9
I think there are many factors to take into consideration, such as Personal Statement, grades, predicted grades, recommendation. But you could email the university, ask them about it.
Keep me posted! :smile:
Fingers crossed for you!!

Hoping as well 🤞 :smile:
Hello, which IELTS do I do the ukvi or the academic test?
Original post by chickenhoe
Hello, which IELTS do I do the ukvi or the academic test?

if you are already in the uk and about to study in higher education, then ielts academic.
I live in the Middle East and have a Jordanian passport. Which now do I do?
if you are already in the uk and about to study in higher education, then ielts academic.
Original post by chickenhoe
I live in the Middle East and have a Jordanian passport. Which now do I do?

i believe it's the ielts ukvi because you will need that for your visa but i could be wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending