The Student Room Group

Year 12 results

Got my results back today and I got BCC in politics, history and geography. How good is this for somebody in year 12? How much would I expect to move up if I worked hard by the end of year 13?
Pretty sure my sister got those grades in year 12 and then came out with 3 A*s at the end of year 13, so keep at it!!
they're considered a pass so i wouldn't say you're doing awfully! you've still got a year to go and probably plenty more mocks to sit, these are unlikely to reflect your actual academic ability and performance. providing you know what your weak areas are eg. you've went through this with the teacher or something you'll likely improve:yep:
amount of work doesn't equal to a number of grades you'll move up- just work as much as you can and within a healthy limit obviously in the summer making sure year 1 content and understanding is consolidated.
Reply 3
So could I expect to move up by a grade?
Reply 4
??
Wow, for year 12 thats pretty good, most people don't do as well in there as level so keep working hard and your grades will improve!
Original post by mattlcfc
Got my results back today and I got BCC in politics, history and geography. How good is this for somebody in year 12? How much would I expect to move up if I worked hard by the end of year 13?
Reply 6
Original post by lauren1215
Wow, for year 12 thats pretty good, most people don't do as well in there as level so keep working hard and your grades will improve!

Is it good? Cos I heard what you get in year 12 should be what you expect to get in year 13 :/
Reply 7
what exam board do you do for history?
Reply 8
Original post by HamzaD
what exam board do you do for history?

AQA
Reply 9
oh same did you do the AS exam or had AS questions for your mock?
AQA
Reply 10
Original post by HamzaD
oh same did you do the AS exam or had AS questions for your mock?

We had AS questions mate.
I got 43/80 on Cold War and 46/80 for Tudors
Reply 11
no they are A level questions, because each AS questions is out of 25
We had AS questions mate.
I got 43/80 on Cold War and 46/80 for Tudors
Reply 12
Original post by HamzaD
no they are A level questions, because each AS questions is out of 25

We did 2 25 markers and a source question (30 marks)
Reply 13
yeah in AS you only do one 25 marker and one source question (30 marks)
We did 2 25 markers and a source question (30 marks)
Reply 14
Original post by HamzaD
yeah in AS you only do one 25 marker and one source question (30 marks)

We didn’t do as papers.
Reply 15
oh cool.
We didn’t do as papers.
Reply 16
How did you do?
Original post by HamzaD
oh cool.
Yes, some of my friends and my sister got E’s in there AS levels but got A’s in year 13
Is it good? Cos I heard what you get in year 12 should be what you expect to get in year 13 :/

Quick Reply

Latest