The Student Room Group

Two BTEC students achieved a 2.1 from UCL x UoN

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xarao
Well that's what it's clearly equivalent to according to the standards of the government.

You guys should look in the mirror and ask whose delusional.

To be fair - though they're both Level 3 and technically equivalent in that sense - it's up to the university/employer to determine what qualifications are sufficient for their purposes, so in practice they're not.
They are the same as A levels mate, hence why I got in and I'll be graduating from a top university, what the **** you got? You're a student room helper bruv.
Original post by _gcx
To be fair - though they're both Level 3 and technically equivalent in that sense - it's up to the university/employer to determine what qualifications are sufficient for their purposes, so in practice they're not.
Reply 42
Original post by _gcx

Of course, that applies to almost anything else.

But the matter of the fact is, 3 D* is equivalent to 3 A*.
Were you a btec student
Original post by Xarao

looooooooooool. Dont take the piss mate. Really imtryna to be reasonable here.
Original post by Xarao

Original post by JohnnyKip21
They are the same as A levels mate, hence why I got in and I'll be graduating from a top university, what the **** you got? You're a student room helper bruv.

I'm not bashing BTECs? They are clearly not exactly the same because some universities do not accept BTECs. As I said above - it really depends on what someone is looking to do in the future and what they want to get out of the qualification. Blanket advice that someone should do one or the other isn't particularly helpful.
Sick one mate, you smashed it
Reply 47
Original post by moneymanJPM
looooooooooool. Dont take the piss mate. Really imtryna to be reasonable here.

This is getting boring with these trolls.

Not sure why it upsets people when you say 3 D* is equivalent to 3 A*, you can blame the leader of the education sector if you're not happy with that.
100%.
Original post by Xarao

Not sure why it upsets people when you say 3 D* is equivalent to 3 A*, you can blame the leader of the education sector if you're not happy with that.
They really arent. Anyone who knows anything about the education system would know

One of the cleverest dudes i know got A*AA for a level. Finished oxford with a 1st, highest achieving student in his year. And yet you still want to tell me D* cubed is better

This is just one example, but you get the idea
Original post by Xarao

Most of these dudes, chose the A level route, worked their arses off and ended up with a top 50 uni, whereas us BTEC students, work hard all year round and get bashed on, and still get to a top 10 uni with ease. That's why these donkeys are upset. Cant blame them tbf..
Original post by Xarao

Reply 51
Original post by searching123job
They really arent. Anyone who knows anything about the education system would know

One of the cleverest dudes i know got A*AA for a level. Finished oxford with a 1st, highest achieving student in his year. And yet you still want to tell me D* cubed is better

This is just one example, but you get the idea

I don't get why it upsets you that 3 D* is equivalent to 3 A*.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 52
Most of these dudes, chose the A level route, worked their arses off and ended up with a top 50 uni, whereas us BTEC students, work hard all year round and get bashed on, and still get to a top 10 uni with ease. That's why these donkeys are upset. Cant blame them tbf..

:rofl:

So true.
No, they are not the same

Btec is superior
Original post by Xarao
I don't get why it tilts you but I'll happily say it again.

3 D* is equivalent to 3 A*. They are exactly the same.
Reply 54
No, they are not the same

Btec is superior

I thought you would never come back.

No it's not. BTEC and a levels are exactly the same, none of which are superior to one or another.

exactly

Btec superior
why is this whole thread either people **** waving about how clever they are, or people bashing each other for their choices/unis/grades like get a grip guys this is all a waste of your breath I promise
Reply 57
exactly

Btec superior

Ah just stop.

3 D* in BTEC is the same as 3 A* in a levels.
What do you mean equivalent because that doesn’t make much sense. They’re two totally different degrees and can’t be compared.
Original post by Xarao
Ah just stop.

3 D* in BTEC is the same as 3 A* in a levels.
Reply 59
Original post by 06chiama
What do you mean equivalent because that doesn’t make much sense. They’re two totally different degrees and can’t be compared.

As in they have the same value. Doesn't take a genius to work that out bud.

Also, they are not degrees and yes they can be compared.

Facepalm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending