The Student Room Group

is this bullying? help please :(

So basically, Im in year 9 and there's this guy who I feel is generally out to get me. He calls me names, flicks dirty paint water on me after i told him to stop, swears at me, puts me down when I try new things like a hairstyle or trying to hang out with new friends. I was at a bench with some new girls and he came over to tell me in at the wrong bench and I should basically leave an go back to where I came from.

Despite the fact i never provoke him or anger him, Im always being victimised for no reason and Im tired of it. Our entire year is only keeping quiet because they are scared of him and what he can do but i assure u nobody truly likes him. A few girls i've told told me they will step in if anything happens.

What do you guys think I should do. And I know this guy sounds like hes in yr 7 and this whole situation sounds stupid but id appreciate some help.

Also im 4ft 11 and he's like 6 foot and fast so it's not like I can run away or stand up to him.
Reply 1
you will be gr8 m8 i r8 you 8/8 tell someone you trust to help you'll be fine he seems awful good luck
Yeah I hate to say it but, he's bullying you unfortunately mate. Bullies tend to pick on people who are way weaker than them but, really it;s because they're insecure about something.

When I was in secondary school, I got bullied by pretty much everybody so I had no one to talk to really so I was left with no choice but, to stick up for myself (hopefully you get the hint at what I meant by that)

I'm not encouraging violence at all but, if he's crossing the line then you'll have to do something despite the height, even if you lose.

One thing I'll note is that when you grow up, it'll be better. Most of the people who've bullied me are not worth the time anymore and they've stopped being bullies entirely because they realise they have responsibilities and just cannot be showing off for the rest of their lives. I haven't seen them in years and from wat I can see, they don't really seemed satisfied with life. Oh well, I usually just keep moving
Tell a guidance teacher or someone. I know you're afraid and you don't want to make a fuss about this. But, in all honesty, it will continue and he'll continue picking on you. If you tell someone now, they can stop it for good.

The same happened to me in high school. I wasted so many years by not telling anyone. Near the end of my studies at school, I finally told my guidance teacher and it all stopped. I was so, so relieved.

Don't suffer in silence.
Reply 4
I have told two girls who said they'll talk to him Ill update and see how it goes x
Original post by Nicvara
you will be gr8 m8 i r8 you 8/8 tell someone you trust to help you'll be fine he seems awful good luck
Reply 5
There's no way i'm gonna win that fight it would be like a complete shutdown on my end. Plus im a girl and other girls have tried to fight him and well, got hit.. Honestly i don't know how he's not permanently excluded. I can tell hes insecure but its kinda sad that he resorts to being mean instead of getting help. I honestly don't even hate him i'm actually sorry for him and hopes he finds true peace with himself :smile: Thanks for the advice and I've spoke to a few girls and boys who will back me up if anything goes down
Original post by CAB18022
Yeah I hate to say it but, he's bullying you unfortunately mate. Bullies tend to pick on people who are way weaker than them but, really it;s because they're insecure about something.

When I was in secondary school, I got bullied by pretty much everybody so I had no one to talk to really so I was left with no choice but, to stick up for myself (hopefully you get the hint at what I meant by that)

I'm not encouraging violence at all but, if he's crossing the line then you'll have to do something despite the height, even if you lose.

One thing I'll note is that when you grow up, it'll be better. Most of the people who've bullied me are not worth the time anymore and they've stopped being bullies entirely because they realise they have responsibilities and just cannot be showing off for the rest of their lives. I haven't seen them in years and from wat I can see, they don't really seemed satisfied with life. Oh well, I usually just keep moving
Reply 6
If i tell it definitely won't end there. I'll just get murdered outside of skl lol
Original post by Quick-use
Tell a guidance teacher or someone. I know you're afraid and you don't want to make a fuss about this. But, in all honesty, it will continue and he'll continue picking on you. If you tell someone now, they can stop it for good.

The same happened to me in high school. I wasted so many years by not telling anyone. Near the end of my studies at school, I finally told my guidance teacher and it all stopped. I was so, so relieved.

Don't suffer in silence.
omg the same thing literally used to happen to me, this one guy would be horrible and mean to me at school for 2 years when I joined his class, honestly the best advice I can give you ito ignore him no matter how much it hurts, because standing up to yourself may not be a good idea because he might just want a reaction, and I suggest if he bothers you anywhere even in class you should inform the teacher. ik how it feels and its horrible isn't it? People have to be selfish and ignorant and arrogant and that's life cos ur gonna meet people like this who make you feel very *****y. Good Luck hope this advice helps xo
Reply 8
Oh just superkick the tw*t and get it over with. No really though, should probably tell about this, being silent about it is probably the worst thing you can do.
Reply 9
I think ill try to do this i guess thanks for the advice x
Original post by hadiqaax_127
omg the same thing literally used to happen to me, this one guy would be horrible and mean to me at school for 2 years when I joined his class, honestly the best advice I can give you ito ignore him no matter how much it hurts, because standing up to yourself may not be a good idea because he might just want a reaction, and I suggest if he bothers you anywhere even in class you should inform the teacher. ik how it feels and its horrible isn't it? People have to be selfish and ignorant and arrogant and that's life cos ur gonna meet people like this who make you feel very *****y. Good Luck hope this advice helps xo
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
So basically, Im in year 9 and there's this guy who I feel is generally out to get me. He calls me names, flicks dirty paint water on me after i told him to stop, swears at me, puts me down when I try new things like a hairstyle or trying to hang out with new friends. I was at a bench with some new girls and he came over to tell me in at the wrong bench and I should basically leave an go back to where I came from.

Despite the fact i never provoke him or anger him, Im always being victimised for no reason and Im tired of it. Our entire year is only keeping quiet because they are scared of him and what he can do but i assure u nobody truly likes him. A few girls i've told told me they will step in if anything happens.

What do you guys think I should do. And I know this guy sounds like hes in yr 7 and this whole situation sounds stupid but id appreciate some help.

Also im 4ft 11 and he's like 6 foot and fast so it's not like I can run away or stand up to him.

You should go snd see your head of year at school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending