The Student Room Group

Two BTEC students achieved a 2.1 from UCL x UoN

Scroll to see replies

Sorry I meant qualification. Secondly if it was the same value them some courses wouldnโ€™t reject btechs. Donโ€™t get me wrong I understand what youโ€™re saying but the fact that itโ€™s easier to complete and gets you in the same uni but still puts you at a slight disadvantage from a level students all at the same time, shows the difference and why they canโ€™t be compared.
Original post by Xarao
As in they have the same value. Doesn't take a genius to work that out bud.

Also, they are not degrees and yes they can be compared.

Facepalm.
Original post by Xarao
Ah just stop.

3 D* in BTEC is the same as 3 A* in a levels.

This is the same logic as people who say 2:1 from Manchester metropolitan is the same as a 2:1 from Oxford. If they are the same why am I not doing a btec why doesn't everyone just so a btec
Reply 62
Imagine how pathetic your life has to be to think that taking a different qualification to somebody else makes you less intelligent. Seriously.

NOBODY IN THE REAL WORLD CARES WETHER YOU DO A BTEC OR DO A - LEVELS. DO WHAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU.

I had the option to do a BTEC six years ago but I chose A - Levels and I regret it immensely, even to this day. The bashing of BTEC students is fundamentally wrong and ultimately needs to end.
Reply 63
Original post by Afterlife?
This is the same logic as people who say 2:1 from Manchester metropolitan is the same as a 2:1 from Oxford. If they are the same why am I not doing a btec why doesn't everyone just so a btec

In your case, the grade is the same, not the university. Are you purposely trolling now?
Original post by 06chiama
Sorry I meant qualification. Secondly if it was the same value them some courses wouldnโ€™t reject btechs. Donโ€™t get me wrong I understand what youโ€™re saying but the fact that itโ€™s easier to complete and gets you in the same uni but still puts you at a slight disadvantage from a level students all at the same time, shows the difference and why they canโ€™t be compared.

That's fine. But yet again, 3 D* in BTEC is the same as 3 A* in a levels. Also, you can't say that it's easier to complete without having done one yourself buddy.
Original post by Xarao
That's fine. But yet again, 3 D* in BTEC is the same as 3 A* in a levels. Also, you can't say that it's easier to complete without having done one yourself buddy.

You're trolling with that logic it would be my A levels done at a good sixth form > btec at college
Reply 65
You're trolling with that logic it would be my A levels done at a good sixth form > btec at college

No one is talking about colleges/sixth forms apart from you. We're talking about the qualifications.

Why don't you continue with your World of Warcraft threads, ay buddy?
Hey bud

Have you done both btec and a level to say they are the same

It is million time harder to get triple a*
Original post by Xarao
In your case, the grade is the same, not the university. Are you purposely trolling now?

Original post by Xarao
No one is talking about colleges/sixth forms apart from you. We're talking about the qualifications.

Why don't you continue with your World of Warcraft threads, ay buddy?

Idk evne know what you are saying now you just steer away from how you're logic is flawed
Yes Btec health and social care and btec buisness is equivalent to A level further maths, A level physics, A level Chemistry, A level English, A level History, A level psychology.
TOTALLY equivalent......
A* in further maths? Exactly the same as Btec health and social care D*.
Please. Nothing wrong with btecs, but whilst the *grades* themselves may be equivalent, an A* in further maths means much more than a D* in a BTEC course. And hence, as many have stated, oxbridge and medicine dont accept them for this reason.
My girlfriends mum is currently doing a PhD on this subject. She teachers Law at a RG university and is looking at the intake of students from BTEC and comparing them with students with A Levels. Her research so far indicates that the students who come from BTEC's are as good on paper as the students who obtained A Levels but the extended writing part of exam questions in A level is where the BTEC students struggle. Some of the BTEC students last took exams for GCSE's and this was their last extended writing under exam condition. She is looking into providing a module based on this for the BTEC students.
Reply 70
Original post by searching123job
Hey bud

Have you done both btec and a level to say they are the same

It is million time harder to get triple a*

Actually, that's very funny because I actually did do an a level (Maths) alongside my BTEC, only got an A sadly but it wasn't difficult at all. It just required looking at past papers and of course revision.
Idk evne know what you are saying now you just steer away from how you're logic is flawed

You should type slower, your grandma can hear you smashing the keyboard all the way from the kitchen buddy.
Original post by Xarao
Actually, that's very funny because I actually did do an a level (Maths) alongside my BTEC, only got an A sadly but it wasn't difficult at all. It just required looking at past papers and of course revision.

You should type slower, your grandma can hear you smashing the keyboard all the way from the kitchen buddy.

Easy now, buddy

And what about your btec, did you get a d* or not
Reply 72
Easy now, buddy

And what about your btec, did you get a d* or not

Your next comment is probably going to be, oh so if you got D* then it must've been so much easier right? Wrong. BTEC requires constant work throughout the year, especially nearer to the end where you have to produce massive documents.

A levels was just pretty much revise a month before the exam and you're good.
Original post by Xarao

Type slower why? I am busy
Heheh you are making me laff :smile:

So in your last post you deliberately avoided answering what grade you get in your btec

And here again, you avoided answering

So you probably did get a d*

Nice, so much for btec being equal

Of course, this doesnt really prove anything, but itโ€™s something to chew upon

Come off it, a levels require constant work throughout the year too. Btec is not same cos itโ€™s like 90% coursework
Original post by Xarao
Your next comment is probably going to be, oh so if you got D* then it must've been so much easier right? Wrong. BTEC requires constant work throughout the year, especially nearer to the end where you have to produce massive documents.

Reply 75
Heheh you are making me laff :smile:

So in your last post you deliberately avoided answering what grade you get in your btec

And here again, you avoided answering

So you probably did get a d*

Nice, so much for btec being equal

Of course, this doesnt really prove anything, but itโ€™s something to chew upon

Come off it, a levels require constant work throughout the year too. Btec is not same cos itโ€™s like 90% coursework

I never said they are the "same" in regards to how they work. However, it's a fact that 3 D* in BTEC is the same as 3 A* in a levels according to the Governing Bodies of Education.
Original post by Xarao

The content in a btec is not as hard as stem a levels it's like how a business A level isn't a very reputable a level it's the same way with btecs plus why did reformed linear take away almost all coursework it's because coursework just isn't very good
Original post by JohnnyKip21
It's all about the come back my son, and my comeback is the biggest one, you'll ever witness. What uni you @ ?

How about this for a comeback.
Yr12 BCCD
Yr13 AAA
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 78
Type slower why? I am busy

Did you just say you're busy on a TSR forum :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Stop it, you're making me laugh way too much.
btec is alright if you want

Can make you do gud if exams not your thing

ppl have different abilities and ways they working well and suited toward

So itโ€™s ok you shouldnt look down on ppl etc, i agree

But the qualifications are not equal in terms of rigour, that is all i wanna say

Quick Reply

Latest