The Student Room Group

Am I being a nuisance and annoying?

Recently I have been going through a very awkward time in relation to family and acceptance and all of that.
I have been feeling that noone understands me and my emotions and what I have and am continuing to go through.
However, there has been one person who has been incredibly supportive. And has been willing to listen to me and understand me. I have been letting her know how things are going with me at home and how I feel etc.
When she was my age she went through a similar case however the difference was between me and her is that I'm faithful and my faith is very important to me whereas she was the opposite.
She has been giving me advice and helping to feel at ease. I went to visit her recently and she asked me how things are going.
She told me to keep her updated.
And I just sent her a text about how I just broke into tears after having a conversation with my parents who still do not understand me.

I fear and worry that she is getting fed up with me and I may be annoying.
I have thanked her many times for been there for me as I have noone who understands what I'm going through and is aware that she is the one person who I can relate to.

Do you think she's happy to listen to me and help me? I do not want to burden her but I just have noone and feel better having let out to atleast someone how I feel.
Original post by Anonymous
Recently I have been going through a very awkward time in relation to family and acceptance and all of that.
I have been feeling that noone understands me and my emotions and what I have and am continuing to go through.
However, there has been one person who has been incredibly supportive. And has been willing to listen to me and understand me. I have been letting her know how things are going with me at home and how I feel etc.
When she was my age she went through a similar case however the difference was between me and her is that I'm faithful and my faith is very important to me whereas she was the opposite.
She has been giving me advice and helping to feel at ease. I went to visit her recently and she asked me how things are going.
And I just sent her a text about how I just broke into tears after having a conversation with my parents who still do not understand me.

I have thanked her many times for been there for me as I have noone who understands what I'm going through and is aware that she is the one person who I can relate to.

Do you think she's happy to listen to me and help me? I do not want to burden her but I just have noone and feel better having let out to atleast someone how I feel.

Unless she's given you any indications that she no longer wants to communicate, then I'm sure she's fine with getting your messages. If you want someone else to talk to that can understand your situation, there are loads of charities out there who you can communicate with (and most have a hotline that you can ring to chat).
Reply 2
Thank you. :smile:
I am going to tell her that I will not bother her anymore because I'm sure she must be busy with her own life and then on top she's having to deal with me.
X
Original post by Anonymous

Original post by PhoenixFortune
Unless she's given you any indications that she no longer wants to communicate, then I'm sure she's fine with getting your messages. If you want someone else to talk to that can understand your situation, there are loads of charities out there who you can communicate with (and most have a hotline that you can ring to chat).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending