The Student Room Group

Is this a red light camera

Cctv camera found on traffic light
A speed camera is yellow and a red light camera is grey - any other colour and you are likely to be safe (worse than 5 points when going thru a red light is a serious accident, so just DON'T do it)!

M (MIAM)
Reply 2
That's some of the worst advise I've seen
Original post by macpatgh-Sheldon
A speed camera is yellow and a red light camera is grey - any other colour and you are likely to be safe (worse than 5 points when going thru a red light is a serious accident, so just DON'T do it)!

M (MIAM)

RLC's look similar to Speed Camera's or can be doubled up in one. The grey boxes are traffic cameras or sensors typically.

If you're caught it's either 3 points and a fine or an awareness course if it's a first offence.
Reply 3
It wouldn’t let me attach a picture but here is a link to google street view and hopefully it will show the traffic light

https://mapstreetview.com/#vu44n_-1am2q_6r.k_-2f40
Original post by xDron3
If you're caught it's either 3 points and a fine or an awareness course if it's a first offence.

Not always an awareness course for first time btw, it’s at the county police force’s discretion to give the awareness course.

NWP AFAIK don’t offer it here for red light offences.
Original post by Hjr93
It wouldn’t let me attach a picture but here is a link to google street view and hopefully it will show the traffic light

https://mapstreetview.com/#vu44n_-1am2q_6r.k_-2f40

Nope, nothing there. Have a better attention span in future.

M (MIAM)

The hell are you on about, I’ve heard a garbage bin spew out better advice.

Legally, they don’t have to be any certain colour to capture offenders. There’s no specific colour for each, they both could either be yellow, grey or pink if they wanted.

And it’s usually a standard 3 points and fine, not whatever crap you’re trying to say. (Genuinely can’t decipher your English).
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Don’t think I stated anywhere that I ran this red light - I was just curious whether it was because I’ve never seen one before.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Nope, nothing there. Have a better attention span in future.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
The hell are you on about, I’ve heard a garbage bin spew out better advice.

Legally, they don’t have to be any certain colour to capture offenders. There’s no specific colour for each, they both could either be yellow, grey or pink if they wanted.

And it’s usually a standard 3 points and fine, not whatever crap you’re trying to say. (Genuinely can’t decipher your English).

Good afternoon,
Please accept my sincere condolences that you could not comprehend my very empirical English - it is not your culpability, but just happens to be the direction in which teaching of English in the UK has been diverted in contemporary times (last 10 years or so in my experience). Poor millennials in UK are merely taught how to distinguish between fact and fiction, with no diligent attention to syntax, proper punctuation and the rules of grammar [try asking even an A level student today the difference between a dependent and an independent clause or the fact that the word immaculate originates from the Greek for spot [macula] and the prefix "im-" means "not", hence its meaning, "spotless"]. My students from Kenya write infinitely better prose, particularly in the A2 synoptic essay [in biology] than our unfortunate indigenous boys and girls (former president Barrack Obama's oratory skills and exemplary command of the English language is a salient though rare testament to this fact).

To simplify matters to an even greater degree to make the point explicable to you, all I was trying to say is that the inherent danger "to life and limb" of driving through a red light bears much greater significance than a fiduciary or other reprimand.

Thank you for your contribution.
Reply 9
Good afternoon,
Please accept my sincere condolences that you could not comprehend my very empirical English - it is not your culpability, but just happens to be the direction in which teaching of English in the UK has been diverted in contemporary times (last 10 years or so in my experience). Poor millennials in UK are merely taught how to distinguish between fact and fiction, with no diligent attention to syntax, proper punctuation and the rules of grammar [try asking even an A level student today the difference between a dependent and an independent clause or the fact that the word immaculate originates from the Greek for spot [macula] and the prefix "im-" means "not", hence its meaning, "spotless"]. My students from Kenya write infinitely better prose, particularly in the A2 synoptic essay [in biology] than our unfortunate indigenous boys and girls (former president Barrack Obama's oratory skills and exemplary command of the English language is a salient though rare testament to this fact).

To simplify matters to an even greater degree to make the point explicable to you, all I was trying to say is that the inherent danger "to life and limb" of driving through a red light bears much greater significance than a fiduciary or other reprimand.

Salty? I know of yellow RLCs, and grey SCs - care to explain?
Original post by Hjr93
Don’t think I stated anywhere that I ran this red light - I was just curious whether it was because I’ve never seen one before.

My bad, we get quite a bit of people asking this question because they ran the red. I shouldn't have assumed, apologies for that.
Good afternoon,

You just are normal aren't you.

Quick Reply

Latest