The Student Room Group

Repaying SFE in monthly instalments for overpayment

Hi SFE, I'm currently repaying £10 a month for an overpayment I had as a result of dropping out of university. Now, I've applied for university and SFE again, and my overpayment from the first time has been deducted from my new maintenance loan amount. My question is, is it possible to just continue paying the £10 a month and get the normal maintenance loan come September?

Thanks
Original post by bloomer36
Hi SFE, I'm currently repaying £10 a month for an overpayment I had as a result of dropping out of university. Now, I've applied for university and SFE again, and my overpayment from the first time has been deducted from my new maintenance loan amount. My question is, is it possible to just continue paying the £10 a month and get the normal maintenance loan come September?

Thanks

Sfe generally won't allow that I m afraid. You got an overdraft you could use?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Sfe generally won't allow that I m afraid. You got an overdraft you could use?

I will be applying for an overdraft. But could you tell me why you say SFE wouldn't allow that?

Thanks
Original post by bloomer36
I will be applying for an overdraft. But could you tell me why you say SFE wouldn't allow that?

Thanks

They don't do new loans with existing debts.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
They don't do new loans with existing debts.

But they already did. Was just wondering if I could get the full amount whilst continuing to pay off the existing debt
Hello,

We’d normally take an overpayment from any maintenance directly when calculating entitlement. Will this put you into financial hardship? We may be able to defer the overpayment to a later date if this is the case.

Thanks, Erin N.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending