The Student Room Group

Need advice again

I know I have already ask before on advice on what to do because I like a guy at college but things have happened recently and my head is a mess lol. Like I can easily help people with their love lives but with my own I struggle so I`ll just tell you lot what has happened and I hope that y`all can help.

Right so a guy who I`ve had feelings for and still kinda do (he doesn't know that I still do), me and him had a bit of drama two months ago but everything is all sorted. Anyways I pulled him aside to say goodbye coz I didn't know if we would see each other again. Anyways so I was like "hey I just wanted to say goodbye coz I'm gonna be leaving soon" He was like "what? you are finishing today?" (he looked kind of sad when he said this) which I replied with no not yet I'm still doing my coursework but I should finish it by the end of this week or next week." Then I told him that I wished things had ended differently, that I wished we were still friends but I'm okay with the fact that we are not friends. I also told him that I respected the fact that he only really liked me as a friend and I was only ever trying to be a good friend and fix our friendship. I then mentioned that he might still see me as I've applied for a college that is literally 5 minutes away from the sixthform which means I have to walk past sixthform to get to that college, and I was gonna come in anyway coz I promised some of my mates who are in the year below me that I would come into sixthform to see them every now and then. Which he smiled when I told. By the way he is in the year below but he is the same age as me, its just moved from a different college to my sixthform so he has to do the full two years again. Anyways he asked me if I would be in the same year as him in uni which I said yeah maybe it depends on if I do one year or two years coz if I do one year then yeah but if I do two years then no coz I`ll be a year below him in some sense, he also asked me what I'm going to do at the other college which I said childcare. I said that I didn't really want to do that but my mum is making me do that. Which he was like so are you going to working in a hospital then in the future if you do that which I was like yeah maybe. Then he said that his parents are trying to get him to become a doctor or a surgeon and work in a hospital. And! And! And I told him that I've also applied for the army which he was like "oh I was thinking of joining the army" which shocked me to be honest coz one of my mates (lets call him H) posted on his snapchat story saying that I've joined the army, which he has got H on snapchat so he must have seen H`s story. Anyways we started to walk back through the corridor and we were laughing, smiling and wishing each other good luck in the future. We reached the room which I pulled him out of to have a chat with earlier, and before I went he pulled me into a hug. It was kind of a long hug but not too long if you get what I mean. Like he literally pulled me into a hug and when he hugged me, I could tell that he worked out and he hugged me tightly, not like in a bear hug or crushing me kind of way but like in a nice kind of way, like I felt safe and relaxed when he hugged me. It also felt kind of intimate but I don't know why lol. So what are your thoughts? Do you think he likes me or do you think he is just being nice?

(Apologises for the big paragraph, I just need y`all to know every single detail XD )
To make a long story short if he's not dating anyone and hasn't been for a while then he's bound to be lonely (even if he doesn't show it) and so he will definitely be looking for a relationship with someone. All guys want relationships. If there is no one else that he likes then I'd say you definitely have a shot. If he's been single for a while then you might as well start dropping hints because he will pick up on them. Just go for it. Don't lose contact with him for a long-time.

Just make sure to be subtle, otherwise you'll embarass yourself. If your previous drama was about you and him dating then he still might not want to be in a relationship, but his mind may have changed.
I know I have already ask before on advice on what to do because I like a guy at college but things have happened recently and my head is a mess lol. Like I can easily help people with their love lives but with my own I struggle so I`ll just tell you lot what has happened and I hope that y`all can help.

Right so a guy who I`ve had feelings for and still kinda do (he doesn't know that I still do), me and him had a bit of drama two months ago but everything is all sorted. Anyways I pulled him aside to say goodbye coz I didn't know if we would see each other again. Anyways so I was like "hey I just wanted to say goodbye coz I'm gonna be leaving soon" He was like "what? you are finishing today?" (he looked kind of sad when he said this) which I replied with no not yet I'm still doing my coursework but I should finish it by the end of this week or next week." Then I told him that I wished things had ended differently, that I wished we were still friends but I'm okay with the fact that we are not friends. I also told him that I respected the fact that he only really liked me as a friend and I was only ever trying to be a good friend and fix our friendship. I then mentioned that he might still see me as I've applied for a college that is literally 5 minutes away from the sixthform which means I have to walk past sixthform to get to that college, and I was gonna come in anyway coz I promised some of my mates who are in the year below me that I would come into sixthform to see them every now and then. Which he smiled when I told. By the way he is in the year below but he is the same age as me, its just moved from a different college to my sixthform so he has to do the full two years again. Anyways he asked me if I would be in the same year as him in uni which I said yeah maybe it depends on if I do one year or two years coz if I do one year then yeah but if I do two years then no coz I`ll be a year below him in some sense, he also asked me what I'm going to do at the other college which I said childcare. I said that I didn't really want to do that but my mum is making me do that. Which he was like so are you going to working in a hospital then in the future if you do that which I was like yeah maybe. Then he said that his parents are trying to get him to become a doctor or a surgeon and work in a hospital. And! And! And I told him that I've also applied for the army which he was like "oh I was thinking of joining the army" which shocked me to be honest coz one of my mates (lets call him H) posted on his snapchat story saying that I've joined the army, which he has got H on snapchat so he must have seen H`s story. Anyways we started to walk back through the corridor and we were laughing, smiling and wishing each other good luck in the future. We reached the room which I pulled him out of to have a chat with earlier, and before I went he pulled me into a hug. It was kind of a long hug but not too long if you get what I mean. Like he literally pulled me into a hug and when he hugged me, I could tell that he worked out and he hugged me tightly, not like in a bear hug or crushing me kind of way but like in a nice kind of way, like I felt safe and relaxed when he hugged me. It also felt kind of intimate but I don't know why lol. So what are your thoughts? Do you think he likes me or do you think he is just being nice?

(Apologises for the big paragraph, I just need y`all to know every single detail XD )
He is currently single and so am I, we have never dated but we have been good friends. He seems to remember tiny little details about me, for example he remembers that in year 7 he sat next to me in history and that I used to bring in a bottle of strawberry flavoured water into school every day. I didn't really expect him to hug me as things have been awkward lately due to the previous drama that me and him had two months ago. The drama was over a fake Snapchat account that added him, he accused me of being the one behind the fake account even though I have already got a Snapchat account. He accused me because of the fact that I had feelings for me as he had known that I had feelings for him for quite a while due to the fact that we played truths a while ago and he asked me if I had feelings for anyone at college which I said yes and that it was him. We got into an argument over the fake Snapchat account, him thinking it was me and me feeling angry, upset and hurt. He said that I was obsessed and controlling and that his mates thought that too. I ended up storming off as I was about to burst into tears and I didn't want him to see me cry. We soon sorted things out when I pulled him aside and asked him if we could end this drama as he is really nice guy and I don't want to fight him or get into an argument with, and also because I've got stuff going on at home (he knew what was going on at home as I had told him all about it before) which he agreed and said that he had been trying to leave the drama alone.
Original post by theeetimdoherty
To make a long story short if he's not dating anyone and hasn't been for a while then he's bound to be lonely (even if he doesn't show it) and so he will definitely be looking for a relationship with someone. All guys want relationships. If there is no one else that he likes then I'd say you definitely have a shot. If he's been single for a while then you might as well start dropping hints because he will pick up on them. Just go for it. Don't lose contact with him for a long-time.

Just make sure to be subtle, otherwise you'll embarass yourself. If your previous drama was about you and him dating then he still might not want to be in a relationship, but his mind may have changed.
Original post by XO For Life

Quite proud i read all that.
To me personally, it doesnt seem like hes interested sorry. It sounds like hes just being nice. Theres not really been anything to suggest that he fancies you. The things you wrote how he seemed and that hug...that to me is what a friend does, not a guy who fancies you.
Thats just my opinion, but ive got experience
I think you should go with anonymous on this one, it's safer to assume he doesn't have feelings. If you really do like him then you should play the long game and hope that he eventually develops feelings for you. There'll also be more time to see if he does but remember that when you have a crush it is really, really easy to overthink things and a lot of it is just wishful thinking. If you do choose to keep on going after him then just be really, really subtle and chill (guys like chill) because otherwise you could come across as obsessive and alienate him. Just don't get your hopes up. Sometimes it just isn't meant to be.

He is currently single and so am I, we have never dated but we have been good friends. He seems to remember tiny little details about me, for example he remembers that in year 7 he sat next to me in history and that I used to bring in a bottle of strawberry flavoured water into school every day. I didn't really expect him to hug me as things have been awkward lately due to the previous drama that me and him had two months ago. The drama was over a fake Snapchat account that added him, he accused me of being the one behind the fake account even though I have already got a Snapchat account. He accused me because of the fact that I had feelings for me as he had known that I had feelings for him for quite a while due to the fact that we played truths a while ago and he asked me if I had feelings for anyone at college which I said yes and that it was him. We got into an argument over the fake Snapchat account, him thinking it was me and me feeling angry, upset and hurt. He said that I was obsessed and controlling and that his mates thought that too. I ended up storming off as I was about to burst into tears and I didn't want him to see me cry. We soon sorted things out when I pulled him aside and asked him if we could end this drama as he is really nice guy and I don't want to fight him or get into an argument with, and also because I've got stuff going on at home (he knew what was going on at home as I had told him all about it before) which he agreed and said that he had been trying to leave the drama alone.
Reply 5

Why dont you kerp in touch and go out together and see if you can start giving him better clues that you fancy him?
Original post by Anonymous
Quite proud i read all that.
To me personally, it doesnt seem like hes interested sorry. It sounds like hes just being nice. Theres not really been anything to suggest that he fancies you. The things you wrote how he seemed and that hug...that to me is what a friend does, not a guy who fancies you.
Thats just my opinion, but ive got experience

Yeah I thought the same, its just loads of people at my college are saying that he fancies me so its all messing with my head and I cant really deal with that especially after a guy I was speaking to lied to me for a whole month.
Original post by theeetimdoherty
I think you should go with anonymous on this one, it's safer to assume he doesn't have feelings. If you really do like him then you should play the long game and hope that he eventually develops feelings for you. There'll also be more time to see if he does but remember that when you have a crush it is really, really easy to overthink things and a lot of it is just wishful thinking. If you do choose to keep on going after him then just be really, really subtle and chill (guys like chill) because otherwise you could come across as obsessive and alienate him. Just don't get your hopes up. Sometimes it just isn't meant to be.

Too late to go anonymous lol. I've kept my distance away from him and haven't spoke to him as much as I used to coz I don't want him to get the wrong idea and think that I`m obsessed when I'm just trying to be friends.
Original post by mgi
Why dont you kerp in touch and go out together and see if you can start giving him better clues that you fancy him?

Yeah I am going to ask him if he wants to hang out sometime but I'm gonna get a few of our mates to come along as well so he doesn't think that I'm trying to get with him as at the moment I'm trying to fix our friendship.
Reply 9
Yeah I am going to ask him if he wants to hang out sometime but I'm gonna get a few of our mates to come along as well so he doesn't think that I'm trying to get with him as at the moment I'm trying to fix our friendship.

Sounds like a good way to start but make sure you keep your boundaries and principles in place no matter how he behaves.
Original post by mgi
Sounds like a good way to start but make sure you keep your boundaries and principles in place no matter how he behaves.

Yeah I have, luckily I'm going to a different college in September
Reply 11
Yeah I have, luckily I'm going to a different college in September

Sounds like you are sorting this one well!
Original post by mgi
Sounds like you are sorting this one well!

Yeah I don't wanna make things worse
Reply 13
Yeah I don't wanna make things worse

Goo. And remember friendship is a 2 way process. The other person has yo want to join in without feeling that they must. Otherwise it is not really a friendship anyway.
Do you like the weeknd? 💕
Original post by mgi
Goo. And remember friendship is a 2 way process. The other person has yo want to join in without feeling that they must. Otherwise it is not really a friendship anyway.

Yeah true
Original post by yogurtgirl
Do you like the weeknd? 💕

And yes I love The Weeknd :tongue:
And yes I love The Weeknd :tongue:

Omg same😻 whats your fav song?
Original post by yogurtgirl
Omg same😻 whats your fav song?

Oo good question, I`d have to say Call Out My Name. Whats your fav song?
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply