The Student Room Group

My brother says my truck would get him bullied?

Scroll to see replies

Just drop him like a stop away from the school:colonhash:
If he's a 40 minute drive from school, why doesn't he move schools?
Original post by The Mogg
So because my account is "Mogg inspired" surely I must be a multi-millionaire right? No, I'm working class just like most here on TSR, so that's some awful logic you've used. Being working class doesn't automatically mean you need to buy a truck, you could just get a cheap normal car.

Multi millionaire because of a photo 😂.

ALrhough I should inform your all TSR Tories are issued with a brand new Aston Martin.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
If he's a 40 minute drive from school, why doesn't he move schools?

There's 3 schools locally. He was rejected from one, there's the one he goes to now, and there's a third one that's more like 20 minutes away but it's ranked consistently "poor" and a student got stabbed there last year.
Original post by Andrew97

ALrhough I should inform your all TSR Tories are issued with a brand new Aston Martin.

I mean I don't think he's Mogg because of the photo + username but I'm not about to take advice from anyone with that pic/name either.
I’m sorry i had to laugh
BE0D2AC0-F290-40FD-815B-BDCACCD67A3B.jpeg
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
I’m sorry i had to laugh
BE0D2AC0-F290-40FD-815B-BDCACCD67A3B.jpeg

Amazing reacting pic but which bit bc this thread took A LOT of directions tbh
Original post by Anonymous
Amazing reacting pic but which bit bc this thread took A LOT of directions tbh

Thank you 😊
The title alone made me die of laughter.
Reply 28
😂😂😂😂

Reply 29
Well when is mine coming then?! Is it coming via Royal Mail? Will it fit through the letter box or will I have to answer the door?

Reply 30
To be fair, supporting a Tory member doesn’t exactly scream working class, providing over 90% off members are middle class. The logic makes sense.
Original post by The Mogg
So because my account is "Mogg inspired" surely I must be a multi-millionaire right? No, I'm working class just like most here on TSR, so that's some awful logic you've used. Being working class doesn't automatically mean you need to buy a truck, you could just get a cheap normal car.
Reply 31
I am going to assume that "90% of members are middle class" is a true statistic which you have got from somewhere and not something you just made up, because that would be ridiculous!
Original post by epicnm
To be fair, supporting a Tory member doesn’t exactly scream working class, providing over 90% off members are middle class. The logic makes sense.
To be honest the truck doesn’t look that bad, just tell your brother you are still getting it. Drop him 2 minutes off.

I have seen kids get into vans and big trucks so it shouldn’t be a problem.
I take my brother to school daily. His school is a 40 minute drive from home, and busses are a nightmare. The car I'm using is my mother's car, and I was using it while she recovered from knee surgery, but now she needs the car back and I need to sort out my own transportation.
I just got my drivers license, I'm living at home and between student finance, a small inheritance from my late grandfather, and my 2 part time jobs I've saved up about 4 grand.
I've picked out this truck. It's a ford pickup truck with a flatbed and as it's a "Light Goods Vehicle" it can be driven with a standard car license (I already checked). I'm still deciding between the "cherry red" and "sky blue" colours. It's secondhand, with low mileage and costs £1995 and it's had a recent MOT but I'll need to pay for everything that comes with getting a new car.
I would still be taking my brother to and from school. He's 12 and he says that he can't show up places in a pickup truck. The truck also has 4 seats, and we're a family of 4, so I wouldn't be able to take any guests, but my plan is to only use it to take my brother to school and get to uni. Mum says I should look into getting something more "family friendly" but I really like this truck.
Is he exaggerating or should I look into other options?

When I first read this I was like, oh ur brothers just being a bratty kid. But the fact that ur mum has also said the cat is bad, suggests to me that it’s an embarrassing car. If u really want it get it but it’s a big purchase, and there are nicer cars u can get for less
I mean I don't think he's Mogg because of the photo + username but I'm not about to take advice from anyone with that pic/name either.

Lol. Ignoring advice based on a photo and a username. I guess you would have ignored me had I still had my old Gove photo.
I take my brother to school daily. His school is a 40 minute drive from home, and busses are a nightmare. The car I'm using is my mother's car, and I was using it while she recovered from knee surgery, but now she needs the car back and I need to sort out my own transportation.
I just got my drivers license, I'm living at home and between student finance, a small inheritance from my late grandfather, and my 2 part time jobs I've saved up about 4 grand.
I've picked out this truck. It's a ford pickup truck with a flatbed and as it's a "Light Goods Vehicle" it can be driven with a standard car license (I already checked). I'm still deciding between the "cherry red" and "sky blue" colours. It's secondhand, with low mileage and costs £1995 and it's had a recent MOT but I'll need to pay for everything that comes with getting a new car.
I would still be taking my brother to and from school. He's 12 and he says that he can't show up places in a pickup truck. The truck also has 4 seats, and we're a family of 4, so I wouldn't be able to take any guests, but my plan is to only use it to take my brother to school and get to uni. Mum says I should look into getting something more "family friendly" but I really like this truck.
Is he exaggerating or should I look into other options?

It's up to you what you buy, and your brother should just be grateful you're willing to take him to school to make his life easier.

Although why do you need a truck? You just got your licence so I'm assuming you're fairly young, still in your teens? A truck is an awfully large vehicle with a decent amount of upkeep. Could you not manage with a regular car? You only want it to take him to school and you to uni, so a truck seems unnecessary.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 36
Alright, you have caught me, I am the real Jacob Rees-Mogg. The floccinaucinihilipilification of trying to hide my true identity is large.
Reply 37
Get the truck and tell your brother to get in or walk. I like a nice truck!
Lol. Ignoring advice based on a photo and a username. I guess you would have ignored me had I still had my old Gove photo.

yup.
Original post by DrawTheLine
It's up to you what you buy, and your brother should just be grateful you're willing to take him to school to make his life easier.

Although why do you need a truck? You just got your licence so I'm assuming you're fairly young, still in your teens? A truck is an awfully large vehicle with a decent amount of upkeep. Could you not manage with a regular car? You only want it to take him to school and you to uni, so a truck seems unnecessary.

I'm 21. I had my light motorcycle license before this (got it when I was 17) but I've only just got the car license. I work in a garage (probably should have mentioned that sooner lol) so upkeep isn't as big a deal to me as it would be if I knew nothing about cars/trucks. I could manage with a regular car, but when I use mum's car I sometimes have to do 2 trips to fit everything and one of my part time jobs is doing DIY for other people so I need to be able to move my equipment around.
yup.

I'm 21. I had my light motorcycle license before this (got it when I was 17) but I've only just got the car license. I work in a garage (probably should have mentioned that sooner lol) so upkeep isn't as big a deal to me as it would be if I knew nothing about cars/trucks. I could manage with a regular car, but when I use mum's car I sometimes have to do 2 trips to fit everything and one of my part time jobs is doing DIY for other people so I need to be able to move my equipment around.

Ah okay that makes more sense. In your OP though you specifically said you would only be using it for taking your brother to school and yourself to uni, hence my question about whether a truck was necessary. If you're going to be using it for other things, would be good to include these!

If you're going to be using it a lot for transporting things etc., would it not be better to save up for a better truck? (I am biased towards Tacomas) There are ones out there a lot better and would likely last longer if you saved up for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending