The Student Room Group

Condom split during sex, should I be worried?

I had sex with my boyfriend and we usually use protection, this time round the condom split but we only became aware after. I know I’ve passed the ovulation stage and I’m meant to start my period tomorrow. Would it be worth getting the morning after pill or should I just see if I get my period?
Original post by Anonymous
I had sex with my boyfriend and we usually use protection, this time round the condom split but we only became aware after. I know I’ve passed the ovulation stage and I’m meant to start my period tomorrow. Would it be worth getting the morning after pill or should I just see if I get my period?

I would get the morning after pill, you can't take the risk waiting
I’m echoing what @Rock Fan has said, get the morning after pill just to be on the safe side
Reply 3
Update I got the morning after pill but I didn’t get my period today :confused:
Update I got the morning after pill but I didn’t get my period today :confused:

How many days per month do you wait for your period to start? Sometimes mine vary. Did you have unprotected sex or contraception failure during ovulation?
Reply 5
It’s different each month but it’s usually 33 days and we had protected sex during ovulation. I know I passed the ovulation stage almost 2 weeks ago now so I’m just confused
Original post by ohhello92x
How many days per month do you wait for your period to start? Sometimes mine vary. Did you have unprotected sex or contraception failure during ovulation?
It’s different each month but it’s usually 33 days and we had protected sex during ovulation. I know I passed the ovulation stage almost 2 weeks ago now so I’m just confused

Stress may make it late as well
Original post by Rock Fan
Stress may make it late as well

Yep. And so can the morning after pill.

Ok, well the from personal experience the morning after pill can make your period late, so could be that for you. If you’re stressed that can also affect your period.

Quick Reply

Latest