The Student Room Group

Applying for Psychology in Maastricht University 2020/2021

Hello everyone,
I finished my secondary degree in Germany and want to study psychology at the university of Maastricht. However I am quite unsure about if my English skills are good enough to study psychology in English. As I already mentioned I am living in Germany and English isn’t my mother tongue. All I know I learned in school or by myself. Which means I don’t even know the whole anatomy of the human body in English. I am scared that if I get accepted, I have to quit my studies because of my lack of knowledge in English.
My second problem is that my grades in Maths weren’t the best. They were around 6-7 NP in the German grade system.

Would any international student still recommend me to try it or do you think that I'll have problems since my education was in German? And how high are my chances to get in even though my mathematics grades weren't that strong?

Thank you in advance!
Original post by XavierAzado
Hello everyone,
I finished my secondary degree in Germany and want to study psychology at the university of Maastricht. However I am quite unsure about if my English skills are good enough to study psychology in English. As I already mentioned I am living in Germany and English isn’t my mother tongue. All I know I learned in school or by myself. Which means I don’t even know the whole anatomy of the human body in English. I am scared that if I get accepted, I have to quit my studies because of my lack of knowledge in English.
My second problem is that my grades in Maths weren’t the best. They were around 6-7 NP in the German grade system.

Would any international student still recommend me to try it or do you think that I'll have problems since my education was in German? And how high are my chances to get in even though my mathematics grades weren't that strong?

Thank you in advance!

email the university and ask what they think :smile:
I’m currently studying in grade 12 and am interested in joining Maastricht next year for the psychology course.
The website states that mathematics is a strongly recommended subject requirement for psychology. I only studied mathematics till the 10th grade though. However, I do study psychology as a subject in grade 12. Will I still be eligible to apply for this course?

Also how hard is the selection procedure? Will a non-maths and non-biology student be able to get through it?
Hey! i’m planning on joining maastricht sooner or later without maths or biology too, also for psychology. How did u get on? did u get in? is there any bit of information that might help me?

Original post by shreyabasa
I’m currently studying in grade 12 and am interested in joining Maastricht next year for the psychology course.
The website states that mathematics is a strongly recommended subject requirement for psychology. I only studied mathematics till the 10th grade though. However, I do study psychology as a subject in grade 12. Will I still be eligible to apply for this course?

Also how hard is the selection procedure? Will a non-maths and non-biology student be able to get through it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending