The Student Room Group

Vue notice period

I cant seem to find notice period anywhere in the handbook and i cant find my contract, can anyone help? i've been there less than a month so was wondering if need to give any notice at all?
Reply 1
If you worked with your employer for a month or longer, you need to give one week's notice (if it's not mentioned within the contract).

This is what I found within 3.9 seconds of using Google.
Reply 2
It's different for every company, as my contract isn't available to me now, i thought i'd use this platform to find a constructive answer, which you have not given.
Original post by Xarao
If you worked with your employer for a month or longer, you need to give one week's notice (if it's not mentioned within the contract).

This is what I found within 3.9 seconds of using Google.
Reply 3
Original post by alfarr
It's different for every company, as my contract isn't available to me now, i thought i'd use this platform to find a constructive answer, which you have not given.

Actually it was constructive, you're just very bitter.

It's okay though.
Original post by Xarao
Actually it was constructive, you're just very bitter.

It's okay though.

It wasn’t helpful really. Since OP doesn’t remember as stated in their contract. I used to work at McDonalds, only for 3 months, and I had to give a 2 week notice period. As said in my contract.

I would give 2 weeks, couldn’t you ask your manager?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
thank you!

I kind of want to keep my cards close to my chest, i want to still work for another week, if they know my intention of handing my notice then it might result with them taking away some shifts.
Original post by Paypurr
It wasn’t helpful really. Since OP doesn’t remember as stated in their contract. I used to work at McDonalds, only for 3 months, and I had to give a 2 week notice period. As said in my contract.

I would give 2 weeks, couldn’t you ask your manager?
Original post by alfarr
thank you!

I kind of want to keep my cards close to my chest, i want to still work for another week, if they know my intention of handing my notice then it might result with them taking away some shifts.

I doubt they would change your shifts just because you want to leave, it would be highly unprofessional in doing so. Good luck for whatever you do next!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending